Christian Witches?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
5moons

Post by 5moons »

They worship Jesus for the reason he is the son of God, they really don't worship Jesus just follow his teachings that hsi father (GOD). Ah it's all in the Bible. I am not getting on this anymore than I have to cause it pisses me off a bit.
silvermists

Post by silvermists »

Fox Flame wrote:Theoretically, I think a Christian can be a witch. I found out something recently, too.
The Bible verse that says that "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" (usually found in the king james version) was translated wrong. It was really supposed to say "Thou shalt not suffer the wicked to live." King James just didn't like witches. If this Bible scripture was translated in a biased way, I'm sure other ones were as well.

The part about King James is true. The original Hebrew word was m'khashepah, which means a woman who uses spoken spells to harm people (to kill them, or make them lose their property).

BB,
Krissi
5moons

Post by 5moons »

POWER TO THE WOMEN! Whoops sorry I am a guy I just think that would be kool a women became president
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Yes, that would be very cool. I'm voting for Oprah. I think she has the most chance of becoming our first female president. I wish she would run.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

wrote:Yes, that would be very cool. I'm voting for Oprah. I think she has the most chance of becoming our first female president. I wish she would run.
NO oprah. I mean no down taken to her. But I can't stand her outlooks on life and matters around the world. I mean she did not want to hurt the terrorist for christ sakes.
Ayeka the Cat spirit

Hey foursouls

Post by Ayeka the Cat spirit »

Hey FourSouls, do ya know I made a topic about your avatar in "Humor"?

Anyway, I am what you could call a former "Christian Witch". I don't know what I am now. I believe in God, Jesus, and things like the creation story, but that's about it. I think God created everything, but as far as his rules and events in history I don't completely believe that a man's word should be any spirit's law. Besides, in the modern day many people claim to be all sorts of things their really not, so there's a great possibility that there were guys like that in ancient times.

FouSouls avatar is HOT! :lol: :!:
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

You all seem to be using only one verse. There are many other verses in the bible that directly call witchcraft a damning practice. Although I cannot call the specific verse off the top of my head, I can post them later. But this brings another point. Yes, you can be a christian witch by the belief in god,( read the "Key of Solomon", its a book of spells writen by king solomon himself). But contrary to what some may believe, you cannot be a christian wiccan, these two practices contradict each other in many aspects.
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Here are the scriptures for all you Christian witches...

KJV
Exodus 22:18
"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live."

Deuteronomy 18:10-11:
"There shall not be found among you anyone ....that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer."

Galatians 5:19-20 (a list of "acts of the sinful nature", or "works of the flesh" and specifies the following practices:)
"adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft..."

Revelation 21:8: (describes various groups who will automatically be relegated to Hell.)
King James Version: "sorcerers"
An American Translation: those who "practice witchcraft"

Please don't fool yourself. If you are a witch, you are not following Christianity as a religion. If you are ONLY worshipping Jesus and not actually following the rules of the Bible, I would not call that "Christian". I don't know why any witch would even WANT to be Christian. They just can't seem to give it up. I guess it's a fear of Hell (which doesn't exist.) I feel the same way about gay people. WHY do they want to be Christian, when the Bible clearly says that their lifestyle is wrong and they will go to hell for it? I just don't get it. Why not ditch Christianity completely and find a better religion that accepts you? I guess because they believe in Hell and think they can be redeemed somehow. Murderers get saved all the time, so why not your basic gay sinner? lol.

All witches calling themselves "Christian" should read this page here as well:
http://dianedew.com/occult.htm

If I seem like I'm on a mission to draw people away from Christianity, that's because I am. I don't like the Bible and I don't agree with it. Women are demeaned and seen as inferior to men. You might think that was just a sign of the times they were in, but there are millions of people around the world who are still using the Bible as an excuse to treat their wives like slaves and abuse them. Ron's brother is a Christian man who won't let his wife or daughter wear makup, jewelry or pants. They do everything HE says because HE is the master of the house. I wish the Bible were obsolete, or just looked at as historical stories, which is exactly what it is.

Here are some New Testament scriptures for you, so you don't think I'm making this up:

I Timothy (2:11-13) - "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve."

Ephesians (5:22-24) - "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

Colossians (3:18) - "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord."

I Corinthians (14: 34-35) - "Let your woman keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church."

The Bible sucks.

5moons

Post by 5moons »

No kidding and what is really funny I have read all those before.
*Takes gun to head*
I don't like the bible sorry but NO.
Blue Moon Princess

Post by Blue Moon Princess »

I am a Christian Witch who believes that God created the physics that created all things. I also believe that the Bible was written and interpreted from it's original languages by mortal men under seige for their beliefs. It's fact that the books of the Bible were written years after the events occurred. With regard to accuracy in the translation...who knows? I have read a lot about misinterpreted passages in the Bible. I hope for the best in all things.

Do I believe I am evil in practicing the Craft? NO! I believe all things exist in balance. And...laugh away :-D...I thank God and the Goddess for the gifts I have been given.

Blessings!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

"Christian witch" is much easier for me to understand than "Christian Wiccan"

talia

Post by talia »

Seriously, the christian religion sucks! I've been trying to get my parent's to see that for about 2 years now. But they still insist i be a christian. It's actually quite funny though. When they make me go to church, they dress nicely, in all bright and pretty clothes and shit like that. So i'll stand out completely in all black clothes, black make up, and a silver pentacle around my neck in the plain open.

The priest dude has actually tried to talk to me after mass to, i quote, "find out what has been eating at my conscience?" I was like, "Well, I'm forced to be here, being a christian sucks cock, and I'm looking into witchcraft." then i gave him an innocent look. he was FLABBERGASTED! i found it hallarious.

I was actually kicked out of church before too. I religion class, i also wear all black and my pentacle, my head of religion class dude was trying to figure out my sins and shit, and i back talked to her wicked badly and she kicked me out. I got hell from my parents that day too.... oh well, it was worth it!

Talia!
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

(Let me just say that this post is really directed towards teenagers in general, not just Talia. I certainly don't want you to think I'm picking on you personally.)

That's pretty wild stuff Talia. I know I wouldn't personally want to be that open about my beliefs, but teenagers are usually pretty open about everything and much less concerned with what people think of them. Try not to embarrass your parents too much. They probably really love you and think they are doing the best for you. If you act wild and crazy and embarrass them now, when you have kids of your own you will definitely get to see how it feels when your kids turn against you or your beliefs and smart off to people in authority, which makes YOU look like a bad parent because you can't control your kids.

I was a horrible teenager. I did drugs and had sex and skipped school and did everything wrong. I even had an abortion at 17. But through it all, I tried to protect my parents from what I was doing. I really didn't want to hurt them, even though I did end up hurting them because it's hard to hide that kind of stuff forever, espcially when you are laying in the hospital because of a drug overdose or your mom is driving you to the abortion clinic. But I honestly didn't want them to worry about me, which was why I hid everything from them as much as I could. Maybe you should just "play nice" and try to act like the good girl until you move out. You could think of it like a play or a movie. You are really a bad girl, but everyone just THINKS that you're a good girl. Then you'll have a cool secret that no one knows about. ;) And your parents will be much happier and not wonder why the hell they ever had children to begin with. Children are horrible creatures, especially teenagers, and I always feel sorry for the parents who have to deal with them. You should read some of the anti-parenting books I have. They are written by parents who have been through it all and are warning other adults not to make the same mistake by having children. How would you feel if you spent the best years of your life raising a small person, giving them all your love, money, time, energy, and food, and doing the very best you can to bring them up right, only to have them completely turn on you when they get to about age 13 or so and now they hate you and even tell you so. They think you do EVERYTHING wrong and that you are always embarrassing THEM (the teenagers don't realize how much they embarrass their parents and grown-ups are too nice to say things like that usually.) They are always rolling their eyes at you and ignoring what you say and never doing what you ask them to do. It's a nightmare, plain and simple, and someday the teenagers who put their parents through this hell will get to go through the same hell themselves. That's the only revenge parents get (except for MY parents because I don't want to have kids. I know they would be awful because I deserve that karma.) Teenagers, please try to treat your parents like YOU would want to be treated. Remember the Golden Rule, even if you ditch everything else from the Bible.

(Sorry if it seems like I'm picking you Talia. That's not really my intention. I wish ALL teenagers would realize the hell they put their parents through and try to be nicer to them and respect them.)

Orion

Post by Orion »

My sister and brother are both over a decade older than I am, so I acted mature early on (though that was just lack of exposure to anything else). Then somewhere I retrograded for awhile, probably the usual early teen years when you are always right and they are never right. Older siblings pointed out that one of the toys I get during christmas was the price of all their gifts when they were my age, and they never got to stay in one place for more than a year or two. They helped teach me all the hell my mom has put up with for us (like keeping my dad around to help pay bills) and insane amounts of overtime (she waited until she got off work for me to be born, lol).

If you can ever learn to see what your parents have to go through, it kind of evens you out a bit. My mom has softened though, 'back in the day' she left by brother on the side of the road... :P
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

My 15-year-old sister is in the same situation as you, Orion. She has all of us, I'm 30, my sister is 29 and my brother is 32, and we tell her all the things that we didn't know when we were young. I think she resents it a bit, but she does seem to be a better kid for it.

Return to “For Everyone”