Runes In The Woods

Discussion of runes.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

go to the runes, and commune with them, tell them not to come true! yell at them, tell your goddess to help- you with making it not come true. and i mean cast a protection on that tree.
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

hmmmm ... i dunno how longs its been there for, whether the damage is done or is to be done. and i dont think shouting at it will help.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

lol. thats funny. i was just ranting.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

you know in all seriousness i dont think that was a spell or anything. see i'd rather carve something cool like that into a tree. well its either that or my initials. so i'd go with the cool word!
Smolly

Post by Smolly »

yah i just found it strange cos i dont think it has always beent here, only the past two years.
and i thought i would post the pictures here to see if anyone could figure something out from it.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Very likely it's some wanna-be-sadist or kid like that. I've found they're big on doing pointless things like t

It's one of those words that has had a lots of people pick up the name. Games tend to like using the term. You have remember with kids, you show them something shiney and they'll show everyone else.

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaddon_(d ... ia-Abaddon (demon)</a> (has a link at the bottom to other random uses)

So there is the possibilty a group of pretend-cultists used the mark as a hang-out, for about a week before they saw something shiny.

The tree survived the rather unpleasant scarring hopefully, that's all that matters in the long run.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

An interesting point from the above link in Wikipedia:

<quote>Not long after Judeo-Christian teachings taught the name of this demon, Abaddon referred to the pit or cave that was used in mystery religions and schools as a rite of passage into the greater mysteries. Often the experience would entail the use of ritual substances that put the aspirant into an altered state in which he or she could receive divine revelation. Because the experience was sometimes unpleasant, this rite came to be viewed as being "hellish."</quote>

Talk about learning something new every day.

Also, I think it's easier to carve runes on a tree than it is to carve Hebrew. It's also a safe bet that who ever did it wasn't thinking this deeply into it. Sobek is probably right.

Abaddon is also a heavy metal group, if I recall correctly. Maybe this design came off of one of their albums.

Return to “Runes”