Cell Phones and computers within the circle?

Frequently asked questions about witchcraft, Wicca, magick, paganism, and the occult. Subjects include love spells, Ouija boards, curses, Law of Attraction, and what to do if you don't have the needed tools, ingredients, altar, etc.
random417

Re: Cell Phones and computers within the circle?

Post by random417 »

Cell phones in a big way are perfect magical tool. We use them to find things at a distance wherever we are, like scrying. We use it as an extension of our will. In many ways, whether we like it or not, it's an extension of our... mind (not the perfect word, but I'll go with it). By that thought, phones at least have a place in circle AS magical tools. At least that's the way I see it.
So with thy all; thou hast no right but to do thy will.
Do that, and no other shall say nay.
For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect.
~AL 1:42-44
valerian moon

Re: Cell Phones and computers within the circle?

Post by valerian moon »

Obsidian wrote:Scott Cunningham touches on this in Cunningham's Magical Sampler. His talks about how his Dad bought him a computer and at first he absolutely refused to use it for any of his magical work because he thought it would pollute his writing. However, he then thought about pen and ink and how even these were examples of technological advancement in their time. He then goes on to detail the uses of modern technology such as playing music or easily copying and sharing BoS's and states that these benefits shouldn't be shunned just because they come from a newer form of technology. Polished gemstones, matches, besoms- the lot- it's all a form of technology. He ends this chapter with 'the practice of magic is the use of applied technology. Use it wisely.'
amazing answer!! thank you so much!
You may call me Valerian Moon, or simply Val.

Return to “F.A.Q.”