herbs for sore throat and head aches

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Hiddencast

herbs for sore throat and head aches

Post by Hiddencast »

is there a tea for sore throat

and one for head akes?
[color=#004000]~Krissie[/color]
defuseability

Post by defuseability »

For sore throats, I heard that you can put 1 teaspoon of fresh or dried blackberry leaves in a cup of boiling water for 5 minutes. then gargle it warm.

I'm not sure of one for a headache. The above was told to me by somebody else and Ive never tried it myself, so im not sure how well it works.
Hiddencast

Post by Hiddencast »

i will try that thank you.

any one else with a headach cure?
[color=#004000]~Krissie[/color]
Twisted_Pixie

Post by Twisted_Pixie »

It depends on what your headache is caused by... headaches are one of those things that the CAUSE should be cured, not the symptoms... try drinking enough water everyday, most headaches are the result of dehydration and bad diet...

As for sore throat, again what is the cause?? Try sage tea or even try cutting up an onion and drizzling a bit of honey over it and leaving it for an hour or so and then drinking the syrup.
Buttercup

Post by Buttercup »

I don't know what type of headache you have.I have a mixed type of migraine and tension-type headache.I try this,it may help you too:
Add 2 tbs of lavender and 2 tbs of rosemary in hot water. Leave it for 10 minutes,remove the herbs and drink it.You can add some honey if you like.This is also very good if you occasionally suffer from insomnia,as it helps you relax.
Merry meet and merry part and merry meet again.
Vega

Post by Vega »

I get headaches if I skip lunch because I'm busy or don't drink enough water. Once I eat something and drink some water, my headache usually goes away. I agree that headaches are the cause of something else and if you can treat what is causing the headache then you won't have a headache. Of course, sometimes it's difficult determining what is causing the headache.
Hubertus

Post by Hubertus »

For the sore throat, I have a drink you could use. Finely chop some ginger root and put it in your cup. Add a spoon of honey (Creamy is always best) as well as some lemon juice. Pour boiling water in the cup, and you have your drink.

(Taste can be changed by different ratios of ingredients. More honey makes it sweeter, more lemon juice makes it more sour, and increasing the ginger increases the spice and the kick)
jwalter

Post by jwalter »

Thai holy basil or scientifically called Ocimum tenuiflorum is also very good of the sore throat. The leaves are very good and can be used daily and having it in tea just makes the tea taste better along with the ginger. Not only is reduces the soreness of the throat but also increases the immunity power of our body if we have it on a daily bases.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”