dead

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
moonlit

dead

Post by moonlit »

I just wanna know... can your herbs die from being moved from one house to another? My herbs (my beautiful wonderful herbs) have died. They grew wonderfully in my old creapy infested house... and now that I'm in a new one... they just croaked.. what did I do wrong?
**Nothing is set in stone**
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Oh dear, that is just so sad :cry:

Plants are very sensitive things and the shock of being moved from their known place would've been enough to kill the very sensitive ones. You didn't do anything, it was just nature taking care of its own. Treat yourself to some new ones :D
I have Seeds if you'd like me to send you some.

hedge
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

but they were in sun and I gave them water them and everything!!!!!!! I mean they were GREAT! I was going to move them into bigger pots soon but they died! I thought they would grow better in the new house sence they would be in a cleaner place. sigh. I had

Sage, rosemary, parsley, oregano, thyme and marigold. snif.. RIP
5moons

Post by 5moons »

IT may have been weather. Along with not being planted in a place were they first started to grow from. Like the old house
well the setting was just right for them to grow
and now trying to move them into a new setting well it would kill them. If not taken care of right. Not saying you did. It's just plants start in one area and it's a lot harder for them to just pop back up in a new setting.
moonlit

Post by moonlit »

they were in pots not planted in the ground
Orion

Post by Orion »

Sometimes when plants get moved, they might get shaken or jarred too much. That can tear some of the interworkings and it's over from there :(
Never had a chance to work with herbs, but I've handled thousands of other plants (mom always has at least an acre sized garden with a small greenhouse for years) and occasionally we just lose some. Especially when we give them to people who have to make a long trip to get home.

Also, it could have been the change of water. With city water (as us here rednecks call it) can be noticably different even within the same town. Processing chemicals are stronger closer to the water treatment centers, random stuff from older pipes is more often the farther.
Perhaps that old house had lots of rust and your plants liked the iron :P
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." -Einstein

There are always facts, the best most of us can do is try to continuously adjust our opinions to become closer to those facts. For that, there is Science and Philosophy. One to argue facts and one to argue opinions. The result: The big bang is some sort of sexual innuendo resulting from your subconscious.
hcfp

Re: dead

Post by hcfp »

moonlit wrote:I just wanna know... can your herbs die from being moved from one house to another? My herbs (my beautiful wonderful herbs) have died. They grew wonderfully in my old creapy infested house... and now that I'm in a new one... they just croaked.. what did I do wrong?

If you frequently move from one house to another better to put your plants in a pot so that you just have to carry it as you transfer. Plants can't always tolerant being planted in one place to another. Also, maybe one other reason it died because of the soil, every location has a type of soil that may or not be suitable for your plants.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”