Reading

For discussion and questions about the tarot.
Kassandra

Reading

Post by Kassandra »

The way I do readings...not sure if that is your technique but if someone gives permission I go into their heads and basically poke around for the information and go down the past present or future lines until I find what I'm looking for. Granted I could be a hacker if I wanted(don't even start calling me Black Magicians you strange people reading...lol kiddin) but I'd rather not because I don't want someone doing that to me if they managed to. I like using Tarot because people see it physically though me going around in there head freaks and fascinates people. I sorta slowed down on those readings because I had a teenage tradegy in my life and I didn't want to harm others because I wanted to maim a certain person that should have impotence for the rest of his unnatural life Very Happy anyway...I'm better now but still wary of it.

--by Imalorki, originally posted in "Ask Elisa" forum

Hi Imalorki. You mention some interesting concepts in your post. Stepping into someone's energy is a start many readers use, and I don't consider that hacking. Allison Dubois, after whom the show Medium is loosely based, calls "going into someone's head," as you put it, head-tapping.

You also mention going "down the past present future [time] lines." Interesting. A shaman's "journeying" for a client may include doing exactly that, among other things, depending on the need or request, etc. Did you learn to do this spontaneously on your own?
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

I do the same thing...although I generally tend to avoid it, as I dislike...entering anothers mind, unless absolutely necessary. I am able to do it at will...usually, although, a test with Taci seemed to prove that I am unable to do so just for trivial reasons. Kitty...you've yet to do a reading for me :D I think you should give it a try for me, the almighty unreadable one. :P From what everyone has said, Kitty's readings have been stunningly accurate, it is clearly an area that she is more developed in than myself, but don't count me out just yet. :D

As long as I have a photo of someone...preferably recent, I can always enter another's mind. In one test the subject, said they had some 'feelings' which will not be described, I entered her mind and discovered a shadow attached to this person, I was even able to exit their mind and actually told them how their hair looked and what was on their desk. If this test subject reads this and would like to step forward, then by all means do so. Anyway, after 'returning' to myself I discovered I'd apparantly brought the shadow with me...or rather it followed. So, I'm not sure if I'm able to remove harmful entities from another person or what...Those are my findings thus far.
NightRose
Banned Member

Post by NightRose »

Personally, I HATE getting in other people's heads. I'm trying to get better control of it, but I certainly wouldn't go rummaging around for fun...the mind is a dark place in many people. Unfortunately, I sometimes manage to trigger "downloads" as I call them, where I am touching someone who is very emotional or just thinking about something a lot, and all of a sudden I get random flashes of pictures and emotions. I try to barricade against that unless asked to do something of the sort. I have a lot of things in my mind I wouldn't want people to see, and I try to give others the same respect I'd ask of them.

When I do tarot readings (which I don't do very often, I prefer other things), I tend to skim the cards and also the surface emotions of the person I'm reading. Generally the emotional state of the person gives me a good idea of why they are looking for the answers that they are, which helps me tailor the reading of the cards. But I don't go past basic emotions, which anyone with any good head on their shoulders could figure out from facial expressions, etc.

I don't mind the thought of others entering people's minds, as long as they have permission and such. I don't know if I'd ever be comfortable giving others that permission (besides the coven that I've recently sort of adopted, perhaps...) I myself use it most with my fiance, when given permission, usually to help better understand his side of an argument. It really is "seeing it from his point of view".
[ShadowPhoenix]

Post by [ShadowPhoenix] »

Well, it is a rather controversial issue, as you said NightRose, it should NEVER be attempted without the consent of the subject. Taci is my main guinea pig lol. She has helped me test a few things out and finds it rather interesting that I CAN, but not always tell her what her surroundings are. I'm still hesitant, even for just the sake of tests on it. I will only do it if begged or if I'm extremely curious as to what I'd find, once again...with the consent of my subject. I can enter the mind plant 'seeds' remove things...I CAN also read, however, I'm not very good at reading...or haven't perfected my own technique.
Imalorki
Banned Member

Re: Reading

Post by Imalorki »

Elisa wrote:
The way I do readings...not sure if that is your technique but if someone gives permission I go into their heads and basically poke around for the information and go down the past present or future lines until I find what I'm looking for. Granted I could be a hacker if I wanted(don't even start calling me Black Magicians you strange people reading...lol kiddin) but I'd rather not because I don't want someone doing that to me if they managed to. I like using Tarot because people see it physically though me going around in there head freaks and fascinates people. I sorta slowed down on those readings because I had a teenage tradegy in my life and I didn't want to harm others because I wanted to maim a certain person that should have impotence for the rest of his unnatural life Very Happy anyway...I'm better now but still wary of it.

--by Imalorki, originally posted in "Ask Elisa" forum

Hi Imalorki. You mention some interesting concepts in your post. Stepping into someone's energy is a start many readers use, and I don't consider that hacking. Allison Dubois, after whom the show Medium is loosely based, calls "going into someone's head," as you put it, head-tapping.

You also mention going "down the past present future [time] lines." Interesting. A shaman's "journeying" for a client may include doing exactly that, among other things, depending on the need or request, etc. Did you learn to do this spontaneously on your own?

Yes I did learn it on my own. Almost everything I've ever done I did on my own(I think in ten days is my one year anniversary of knowing I'm a psychic, witch, magician, sorceress whatever it is :P)

I've been doing things since I was little but I never knew what it was and they were natural
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

Also I've done the Point of View Workings :P I went into my friend's mind and she is all the way in London. I told her everything that was on her desk, what she was wearing, and the like. It was my very first try doing that and I felt rather proud of myself
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

@ShadowPhoenix...When I get back home you can practice on me if you like...I'm always willing to be a guinea pig :)

@Imalorki...And the times you went into my head...you were so accurate. When I get back I have more tests for you :)
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

If I get a tumor Emma I'm going to bite you...:P
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

Imalorki wrote:If I get a tumor Emma I'm going to bite you...:P
My head's not that bad is it? :)

You are welcome to bite...I do not mind :) There is no charge for my blood...although a small donation would be appreciated :):):)

Don't worry...the tests will be challenging...but I'm sure that you will do fine :)
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

Its more the distance and doing it constantly when I was just learning how to do it with you as guinea pig

(you definitely wouldn't be charging Crowfeather unless it was with his body :P )
I'm gonna tease ya for that sweetie :P

Yay!
MidnightWolf
Banned Member

Post by MidnightWolf »

Imalorki wrote:Its more the distance and doing it constantly when I was just learning how to do it with you as guinea pig

(you definitely wouldn't be charging Crowfeather unless it was with his body :P )
I'm gonna tease ya for that sweetie :P

Yay!
Oh ok...I'm sure that with more practice it will get better :)

Haha...correct again :) *rolls eyes* Tease all you want...:):):)
Imalorki
Banned Member

Post by Imalorki »

lol I wouldn't mind if he charged with that too...lol...I am the Captain and Commander of his fan club :P

Return to “Tarot Talk”