Sharing spells and Karma

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
GenevieveDawn

Sharing spells and Karma

Post by GenevieveDawn »

So I was wondering what everyone thinks about this. What is your feeling about sharing your spells, especially the ones you have written yourself? Some sites say don't use other spells because you don't know what the original writers purpose for it was and you may recieve some of their Karma if it was an ill purposed spell. Did that make sense? I personally try to change something in the spell, a few words, change an herb, stone, etc. But my problem is more of sharing my spells with other people. I have wrote some really good ones that I would share if I knew there would be no Karmic reprucussion. I really doubt that Karma is transferrable, but curious as to your thoughts.
...magic consists of removing the limitations from what we think are the earthly and spiritual laws that bind or compel us. We can be anything because we are ALL. - Mary Greer
willow_witch

Post by willow_witch »

i use spells of the internet, but i do change some on the word it make them alitte more personal (sp??) i find it works better if it is more personalised, but i dont think Karma can be transformed though spells, because the 'power' is coming from u, but i alway add alittle thingt at the end, say that i wish no harm to anybody, and if it is goin to harm them then it take it back or something like that
But if u eva wanted to share ur spells i would love to hear them,
*blessed be*
~willow~
~willow~

*blessed be*
~Merry meet, Merry part, til we Merry meet again~
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

I don't mind sharing my spells. just my problem is i've written them so specificly for my issue, i don't know what good they would be to anyone else! I prefer to write spells, it makes it (like i said) specific, and more focused, and more personal, which i think is important. Sometimes i might take a spell and rearrange it, or reword it a bit, or maybe add a few things.

Elyse
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

I agree, there shouldn't be any Karmatic-transfer going on by sharing and using personal spells. Just as long as there isn't something subtle written in there that could cause a negative effect, you should be okay.
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

well even so, i mean i don't think it's really that possible to do a spell that has a negative effect u don't know about, cause spells are all about the spellcasters focus, and what they are focused on, so i don't htink anything negative could happen like that
*~Life may not be the party we'd hoped for, but while we're here we might aswell dance~*
Moon_Stone

Post by Moon_Stone »

True- but what I meant to say was perhaps if there was a novice using another's spell (because I'm sure they do use other people's spells before trying to write one...) and if there was some element missing that could be detrimental, but wouldn't be noticed... that could possibly cause some problems. You know, meddling with something that wasn't completely understood could be problematic. But overall, have at it. We all know what we are doing here, so that's definitely not a concern with us.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

I have always had a problem with "sharing" spells. Now sharing information about thing is something totally different. I think that magic should come straight from YOUR heart. It is your faith, not other peoples.
celticwave

Post by celticwave »

Oh i think i know what you mean, like you may not get the complete desired affect because of parts of the spell that aren't personal for you but for the person who wrote it? is that right? Cause i agree, i can never find a spell someone else has written which is perfect for my situation because obviously it wasn't written for my situation, and i prefer to re-write spells to make them match my wanted outcome more specifically.
Fox Flame*

Post by Fox Flame* »

I agree with JB, if you write your own spells, your own personal energy goes into it. But hey, that's just me. When it comes to my spiritual side, for the most part, I'm a do-it-yourself'er.
spanky4ever

Post by spanky4ever »

OK I HAVE A QUESTION IT MIGHT SOUND A LITTLE DUMB ON MY END.. BUT AS SOME OF YOU MIGHT KNOW I AM NEW TO THIS AND I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD SHARE THIS INFORMANTION WITH ME... OK HERE IT IS "HOW DO YOU WRITE YOUR OWN SPELLS?" OK HOW DO YOU START OFF AND HOW DO YOU END.. I MIGHT SOUND A LITTLE CORNY BUT I NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE YOU KNOW WRITING MY OWN I UAUALLY USE OTHERS BUT HOPEFULLY ONE OF YOU COULD GIVE ME SOME INSITE ON WHAT TO DO....THANKS
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

First please take your Caps Lock off, it means you are screaming and that isn't polite.

On to your question, How to write your own spell. It is easy, write what comes from your heart, State your wants/needs clearly and make sure you harm not.

Some people belive you must rhyme or close all spells with Blessed Be. This is a personal preference. Do what feels right.

Is there anything I missed?
Charly

Post by Charly »

I would love to share mine. I think that everyone should share their spells, I mean that's what past generations do for their children. They pass down there spells and other wiccian materials for them to use.
Or I could be wrong.
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

Giving spells to your family is one thing, you can protect them better to a certian degree. Giving your spells to the masses (ie, internet) is silly. Giving to your own children or family is differnet because that is more like making your own tradition.
darkestlight*

??

Post by darkestlight* »

so what do you think about sharing spells with friends who also do magic?
Lora
JBRaven
Banned Member

Post by JBRaven »

If said parties are in a coven together I see no problem.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”