Hay Fever/ Other Herbal Allergen Reducers.

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Imiko
Banned Member

Hay Fever/ Other Herbal Allergen Reducers.

Post by Imiko »

Hello! It was pointed out in another forum that Herbal Allergic reactions can be a problem when listing them as a suggestion. And thus, here is a list of ways too naturally reduce Allergens to herbal Remedies/ Herbs! ^^

First, a little bit on hay Fever.

((Disclaimer: I Copied and pasted some of this stuff from a site. Here's the site: http://www.artemisherbs.co.uk/info/hayf ... ticle.html . I wrote some of my own information, everything else was used from this site, and I did not write any of it. ))

Hay Fever:

The first time the pollen is encountered, the immune system produces certain antibodies (Ig E) that adhere to cells in the mucus membranes lining the upper respiratory tract. Subsequent contact with the same pollen causes an immediate reaction stimulating the release of histamine and related substances by those cells in the mucus membranes. Histamine causes the blood vessels in the nose to swell and become congested and increases leakiness of the capillary walls there.

General considerations
The first thing to consider when attempting to improve the problem is diet and lifestyle.

* We are advised to eat at least 5 portions of fruit and veg daily and this is very much so the case for hay fever sufferers.

* Refined carbohydrates in the form of sugar, white flour, rice and pasta should be kept to a minimum; in naturopathic terms, these foods, along with a high fat and dairy intake, are seen as increasing mucus formation.

* In practical terms, this means sticking to brown bread, brown rice, wholemeal pasta and other whole grains, and avoiding biscuits, cakes, sweets, soft drinks and pastry.

* Drink plenty of water

* Ensure that you are getting some seeds and nuts in your diet daily, (that is unless you suffer with a nut allergy); sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and almonds, walnuts and brazil nuts are the best; they contain lots of minerals such as zinc, calcium and magnesium, in addition to helpful essential fatty acids.

* An adequate intake of omega 3 fatty acids is also vital - this can be obtained from oily fish, hemp or flax seed oils.

* Some people do find that their symptoms improve if they reduce or cut out dairy products. However, this should only be carried out under supervision in the case of children, expectant and nursing women, menopausal women and generally frail or elderly people. Avoiding milk, cheese, butter and cream for a few weeks often gives the system a chance to rest, and many people find they are then able to reintroduce certain items such as yoghurt, back into their diet in moderation.

* Watch out for stress, which can contribute to increased release of histamine in the mucus membranes.

Herbs too use to reduce Chances of Allergic Reactions:

Elderflower, Eyebright, Ribwort, Chamomile, Nettles, Echinacea and Dandelion root are examples of Plants too help.

Of course the Uses of Each one specifically are diverse, and each plant can be used for a Specific thing.

If you wish to know which ones too use for specifics, please go onto the site. If not, and you want me too post it here, then I will. ^^
Alicat
Banned Member

Post by Alicat »

Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

No Problem! ^^ Various herbal mixtures can be used as well, however, you have to be careful as to what you mix together. Some plants were never meant to be mixed together, as well as high dosages were never meant to be taken a day. Careful when using Herbal remedies, people! MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE FACTS BEFORE USING. Hmmm... I might just post a Topic here starting a Basic Herbalism thread. You know, just some stuff you should know before you get into taking any herbal remedies. =D

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”