Is German chamomile acceptable in rituals?

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Eos

Is German chamomile acceptable in rituals?

Post by Eos »

I was on a trip to the store, buying seeds for this year's garden with my mother. I wanted to plant some herbs for magickal use, that my mother wouldn't question me wanting to grow. I picked up some true lavender, plus some chamomile. However, in my hurry, I could not remember the difference, and picked up German chamomile instead of Roman chamomile.

Apparently, both can be used to make tea, but will the effects be lessened at all if I use German chamomile instead of Roman in my rituals?
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

German Chamomile is best for making Teas and Herbal remedies, Incenses can be made with both. Roman is more for Cosmetic purposes. Highlighting the Hair, Shampoo, various things like that. If you're looking for something to make Teas/ Herbal Oils with more Spiritual properties, I would Recommend using German. However, you can still Use Roman, you just wont get as high an affect.

Either way they're both Chamomile, and widely used in Herbalism today, so you can go ahead and choose which ever one you wish to use.

Blessed be,

~~Imiko.
HonorRose
Banned Member

Post by HonorRose »

Why don't you ask the German Chamomile?
Imiko
Banned Member

Post by Imiko »

HonorRose wrote:Why don't you ask the German Chamomile?
Possible. XP The answer too your Question: Yes. You can Use German Chamomile. ^^ Very acceptable. Any type of Chamomile is generally accepted.

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”