Citronella

Love to garden? Me too! Garden talk and photos goes here: Flower gardens, vegetable gardens, organic gardening, natural pest control, houseplants, more.
WhisperedCandlelight

Citronella

Post by WhisperedCandlelight »

Merry meet,

I have some Citronella Plants in my house.
Now i was wondering if i were to take some leaves and tear them up. As im sure its a herb.
That way i can use it for the future.
If i were to bag them do the herbs need to stay fresh or do they need to be dried out if i were to use them in a spell in the future if needed.
So i wanted to know in some way if there is away to keep them fresh if i were to take some leaves and tear them into a bag or a container.

Blessed be
WhisperedCandleLight
Gregory

Post by Gregory »

If you tear up a few leaves and put them into a brown paper bag, and keep that bag in a cool, dark place, the leaves should dry out for you. Once they are completely dry, they should work well for you in the future.

Also if your thinking you will need fresh herbs for a ritual, spell, or culinary uses, it is usually best to leave the leaves on the plant, alive and growing, and only take off what you need when you need it. Be sure to use the fresh leaves right away after picking, unless your planning on drying them out.
WhisperedCandlelight

Post by WhisperedCandlelight »

thank you gregory,Im off to dry some right now ! :)

Return to “Gardening”