Looking for money/prosperity spell

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Huh...I'm wondering if that's regional. Here, it's a *lot* cheaper to buy meat than to buy vegetables. A pound of salad mix runs about $4, and a pound of beef is $2. Sadly, it is also cheaper to buy junk food than to buy organic, too.
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Junk food is much cheaper than organics...milk is the same price per gallon as gas, fortunately we don't burn up our milk like we do our gas. Fresh fruits and vegetables from local farms are more expensive than store bought things. We have made things the way we are. Supply and demand....we demand it...they supply it and we pay whatever they ask......
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

I don't think it's regional. 1, I'm in australia and for a kg of beef you can pay up to 35$ depending on the cut. Vegetables don't compare. and 2, I'm currently doing a project at school on the cheapness of meat and it's cheaper everywhere.

oh wait, i meant that meat is more expensive than meat alternatives, like lentils and beans. you will buy a large bag of lentils cheaper than meat and it'l last longer. you still need your vegetables so it doesn't aply does it.

and junk foods always going to be cheaper so don't know why that even came in this conversation
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

If it helps your project, In Victoria BC Canada the news paper flier has listed the following;
Pork Leg Roast 7.25/kg, Top Round Roast or steak (beef) 11.00/kg, Lamb racks 31.95/kg, whole frying chicken 5.05/kg, salmon steaks 8.89/kg

Bell peppers 11.00 /kg, broccoli 4.83/kg,zucchini 3.29/kg, cauliflower 4.39/kg, iceberg lettice/ head 1.69

gas is at 1.369/ltr

I'd bet that if you sent a pm to various people around the world that are active on the sites you visit, provide them each with a specific shopping list, you could get some really interesting data.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Just some samples from the DC metro area:

Vegetables:
12 oz. lettuce, $4.99
6 oz. spinach, $3.79
2 tomatoes, $4.99
1 lb. carrots (baby), $2.99

Meat:
Ground Turkey, $2.59/lb.
Beef Roast, $3.59/lb.
Chicken Breasts, $1.99/lb.
Chicken Drumsticks, $1.59/lb.

Gasoline: $4.10/gallon.
Milk: $3.79/gallon (1%)
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

Gas hit $4.09 per gal. yesterday in VT, USA.

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

I have deactivated WiccaChicken's account. If anyone sees a member behaving that way (ignorant, defensive, and name-calling) please tell me so I can get them out of here. I won't have people like that attempting to scare off good members like Juliaki. I would much rather have Juliaki as a member than WiccaChicken.

Juliaki, this is the first time I've read any of your posts, but I just wanted to tell you that I think you ROCK! I really hope you stay around for a long time. Your opinions are very close to my own in a lot of ways and it's very clear that you have a good head on your shoulders. Even when you were being attacked you did not respond in kind. That takes a great deal of maturity and composure. Thank you!

Bright Blessings,
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

Thanks for the compliment... I'm just me, and whether people like it or dislike it, that's all I work to be. Everyone's going to have differences of opinion from time to time, but as long as each person is able to look themselves in the mirror the next morning, that's what I think really counts. We don't have to like one another.... after all, there's no doctrine that says "Like is the Law."
Starwitch
Owner
Owner

Post by Starwitch »

Maybe not, but there are guidelines on this forum that ask members to be respectful of others' opinions and it was clear to me that WiccaChicken couldn't accept that anyone could feel differently than she did about this topic.

Many members say that they join this forum and stay here because they feel accepted and welcome here. That's because everyone is allowed to state their opinion and not worry that they will be attacked for the way they feel. We also don't tolerate clique-behavior. Unfortunately, that spirit had faded a bit in recent months and some trolls started taking over and attacking people who didn't agree with their opinions. For those of you who were subject to that treatment, I would like to apologize for not realizing sooner that this was going on. Once I realized it, I got rid of the people that I felt were causing the problem. There are a few of those types of members still trying to stay but I'm certain that they will not remain here much longer.

Please, if you know that someone is treating others with disrespect, do not beg them to stay when they say they are leaving. Please just let them go. Don't tell them that you will miss them terribly or any of that. Why would you miss someone who attacks our good members? If you are worried that everyone will leave and there will be no one left to talk to, you need not worry about that. There are always new members signing up. It's like a revolving door, with people coming and going all the time. If the new members see that this is a place of love, kindness, and acceptance, they will stay here. But if they feel as though they will be attacked for having a differing opinion, they may not want to stay around. So let's keep the awesome members and let the petty, argumentative members go.

Bright Blessings,
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

I appreciate the knowledgeable, straight-forward, sometimes controversial (hehe) opinions and information that juliaki presents on this forum. It is obvious that she has been a practicioner for many years and comes with the knowledge to be able to not only answer questions, but also provide valuable guidance and wisdom.

There are so many others here as well who are knowledgeable and have much wisdom on their chosen path...

We all have times when we must "agree to disagree" and we must be able to do that in a considerate manner. I appreiciate having a place where I can express my opinion and we can "agree" or "disagree", but I won't be ridiculed or bad-mouthed for it...
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”