Asatru?

Discussion of the different types of witchcraft and pagan paths.
Ashleigh

Asatru?

Post by Ashleigh »

Hey everyone. I know I've been gone for a while. The truth is, I've been dealing with a lot of issues, but things have started to look up for me lately.

I have a general question about a certain branch of Neo-Paganism. Personally, I'm a Wiccan, but my boyfriend is Asatru. I've done a bit of research on it and found that it's very similar to Wicca, except that it focuses entirely on Norse mythology/practises/beliefs.

I was wondering if I could get some more detailed information on Asatru here.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Wikipedia is a great place to pick up some quick info. I was watching a news show about a week ago that reported that it has now been certified as one of the most reliable sources of information. Any how;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asatru

If the article doesn't give you enough look at the links at the bottom
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Re: Asatru?

Post by LaFiamma »

Ashleigh wrote:Hey everyone. I know I've been gone for a while. The truth is, I've been dealing with a lot of issues, but things have started to look up for me lately.

I have a general question about a certain branch of Neo-Paganism. Personally, I'm a Wiccan, but my boyfriend is Asatru. I've done a bit of research on it and found that it's very similar to Wicca, except that it focuses entirely on Norse mythology/practises/beliefs.

I was wondering if I could get some more detailed information on Asatru here.
Actually, Asatru is very different from Wicca. Unfortunately, most of what I know comes directly from people who practice it. It's not my religion, I don't pay all that much attention to looking for the actual sources of information or I'd refer you to some.

But I do know that it's very different.
Wolf*

Post by Wolf* »

okay, woah, stop the presses.

The Pentagram and the Hammer by Devyn Gillette and Lewis Stead

http://www.geocities.com/odinistlibrary ... ndhamm.htm

This should cover everything
---Wolf---

"And a godlike man--a man who is pure force--inaccessible to any compromise--is called a hero."
LaFiamma
Banned Member

Post by LaFiamma »

Wolf wrote:okay, woah, stop the presses.

The Pentagram and the Hammer by Devyn Gillette and Lewis Stead

http://www.geocities.com/odinistlibrary ... ndhamm.htm

This should cover everything

Ahh...I forgot about this one, I only read it maybe a month or two ago. Good article.

Return to “Types of Witchcraft”