Spirit animals/elementals

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
Witch1693

Spirit animals/elementals

Post by Witch1693 »

how could i go about having a spirit animal for protection, companionship, and fun. how would i call one and ask it to be mine, is it dangerous? has ne1 successfully gotten a spirit pet? i would love to have a spirit animal all through my life as a guide.
EDIT:
is there any other kind of spirit that i can do this with please post
juliaki

Post by juliaki »

The idea of taking a spirit and making it a pet is so utterly offensive to me, I have no idea where to even start.

Is it dangerous? Well, if I were the spirit that was being forced to be a "pet", I'd probably harm my "master", yes.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

The Gods are spirits, would you try to make one of them a pet? :wink:

Spirits / guides / Gods, however you call them can become friends but I would never consider it remotly possible that one might be a pet.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

i wasnt sure how to articulate what i meant. i didnt mean a pet i meant something that follows me around, helps me protects me and guides me, is this possible or no
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

You can try to meditate and when totally relaxed and open, ask your guide to come to you.
If your guide does come then ask these question of him/her.

(but yes, a guide is ther right now watching over you, even if you haven't been formally introduced... :wink: )
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

i definatly believe that but i want to be able to contact it and see it
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

That's why we meditate...in order to do so
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

oh i thought you meant something else lol. i am sorry if i offended ne1 it wasnt my intent
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

You've done nothing to offend anyone, certainly not me :D
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

oh ok good :] so lets say we wanted our guide to resemble something, or sort of concentrate itself into a piece of jewelry so it would constantly be with me would that be asking to much of my guide? also can i call it something like a name?
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

A guide is a spirit with free will, that will take what ever form it chooses and tell you what you need to know.
It will watch over you, or more precisly your spirit, from the astral plane.
It will not interfer in the actions taking place in the physical world.

When you call it, it may or may not come.
No, you can not compress it into a brouch or anything else.

Remember, there is no difference between a spirit guide and a God other than how they wish to be perceived.
Witch1693

Post by Witch1693 »

i see
elibe

animal guide

Post by elibe »

For me personally it was really hard to meet my animal guide; it took a lot of meditation until we finally officially met and it was one of my most amazing experiences in meditation. Just remember that your animal very likely won't be what you expect it to be. I know mine wasn't! Furthermore, (from what I hear) you can have several different ones which come to you at different periods in your life; they may not always be one certain animal. However I've never seen mine again (despite my efforts) so I can't verify that. Good luck.[/u]
Addicus

Post by Addicus »

I've read of people claiming elementals as 'pets' for lack of a better word......

I've been try to visualize my 'pet' with my own energies, not something coming from an outside source....

I hope that helps in any way..

Blessings
-Wynter
~Peace, Love, and Gummy Bears~
[WitchMomma]

Post by [WitchMomma] »

I think I understand your urge to "see", "feel", "contact" your guide, protector, pet whichever you's like to call it. Many of us do.

I think sometimes when you are least concentrating on it it will come to you. But if you can't wait for that then mediatation would be the best route.

I find when times are difficult, and I am having a hard time dealing - I can feel my guide around me and in a short time things begin to resolve. I have never tried to contact or see them, but do talk to them regularly. I feel they know when and where to be at the right time and I will let them do what they do best.

Good luck, I hope you find what you need.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”