backwards?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
oracle's child

backwards?

Post by oracle's child »

year before last i had a dream that went backwards. i was standing outside on a pretty spring or summer day. my head moves from left to right and as it does, i'm watching a trail of flowers and leaves float in midair from what i take to be myself which is standing to my right. know what i mean? apparently when my head looks to the right i'm looking at myself and the flowers are coming from that version of me. anyone have an opinion? i've never before or since had this happen. i hope i explained this o.k.
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Hi OC
First let me explain that I am slightly empathic. When a dream is explained in a post, sometimes I can connect with that dream through the emotional energy put out while writting about it.

In this case however, I get nothing.
I suspect that what ever you had to work out was dealt with long time ago and you have moved on. I don't feel any emotional connection with this event.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

o.k., i can go with that. but, what is the deal with going backwards? might it mean wanting to do things over or something to do with looking back? i guess i just wanted to know if there was anything unusual associated with this type of dream. well thank you anyway watershield!
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

It could be that you had a feeling of failure or felt that you are unable to achieve your goals and aspirations. On the other hand, moving/speaking backward in your dream may symbolize that you should back off or retreat in a situation you may be facing in your waking life.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
oracle's child

Post by oracle's child »

hmmm, the first one makes more sense i think considering the time when this dream occurred. thanks again.
nini

Post by nini »

I agree Watershield. having a backward dreams could mean that there is something in your life that you want to look back with or correct some mistakes which in real life sometimes we refuse to accept. try to remember the occurence of such dream and the situation you are in and you'll understand why
If you haven't the strength to impose your own terms upon life, you must accept the terms it offers you. - TS Elliot

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”