Safe use of herbs during prenancy

Discussion of nature and nature spirits and dragons.
Butterfly1984

Safe use of herbs during prenancy

Post by Butterfly1984 »

Merry Meet

Is been a long time since I was here last and in that time I have fallen pregnant with my first child!I am very exxcited but would like some help.
I would like to known what herbs I can use and whih I def cannot during pregnancy. I do know that wormwood and mugwort are an absolute no no. One of my favourite resins to burn in benzoin, such a beautiful scent and calming effect. Is this ok to use as incense?
Thanks

Butterfly
Butterflies are the most free life on this planet and i aspire to be that free spirited. Love and Light to all.
Blessed Be
angelwitch

Post by angelwitch »

Hello Butterfly

Firstly Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that Rosemary is a definite NO NO to!

I was once told that when pregnant especially in the first 3 months that you shouldn´t really use any aromatherpy oils, but you can use Lavender diluted with an oil after the 3 month period.

I don´t really know about resins-incense, sorry.

Good Health to you
x
Butterfly1984

Post by Butterfly1984 »

thanks thats great. Im 19 weeks if that helps anyone. Your not really meanto to do almost anything in the first 3 months, im sure they would tell you not to breathe too much if they could lol.
Butterflies are the most free life on this planet and i aspire to be that free spirited. Love and Light to all.
Blessed Be
Butterfly1984

Post by Butterfly1984 »

thanks thats great. Im 19 weeks if that helps anyone. Your not really meanto to do almost anything in the first 3 months, im sure they would tell you not to breathe too much if they could lol.
Blessed Be
watershield
Banned Member

Post by watershield »

Safe to use Rosemary, Sage, Thyme, Parsley.... :D

Seriously, if in doubt do without. Everything that you ingest WILL be ingested by your baby. If I were you, I'd just think healthy for the next year.
The mind is a window to the universe, but for many the window is closed
Truth is unique, it seldom has meaning for anyone other than the one who speaks it.
My opinion is my own. I am willing to share it, though you are not required to accept it.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

WOW!
Congratulations butterfly - that is awesome news.

Incense is fine to use during pregnancy so long as you're not going to be holding your head above the smoke.
DO NOT take any herbs while pregnant, unless you have spoken to your doctor AND a qualified reputable herbalist. It's just not worth the risk.
Obviously a sprinkling of Herbs Provencal on your pizza is OK.
:D
Butterfly1984

Post by Butterfly1984 »

thanks im so excited. i have not been practising as much as i should in the last year, life as it sometimes does has got in the way. But being pregnant has re-awakened my urge to learn and practise again, i am becoming incredibly maternal.
im eating food with herbs in, nothing major, bit of basil or garlic here and there. and as you say im not sticking my head over the smoke just enjoying the fragrances and upliftig effects i have missed so much.#
tanks for all your help.
blessed be
Butterfly
Blessed Be

Return to “Nature - Plants, Animals, Faeries, Dragons”