No tools kind of energy work

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
[cherokeewind]

No tools kind of energy work

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Have you ever wondered what could happen, if you were somewhere without any of your magical tools or supplies...maybe even traveling and gone for a few days...what if a spell was needed right then?

Here is something you can try, someday might come in handy. When you are somewhere alone and without any of your tools, magical supplies, learn how to use the elements to create a sphere of spiritual light around you. Even though at the moment, there is no circle casting materials...no wand or athame, nor candle on an alter. But you have your mind, body, will, and as you will so shall it be.

Make sure there is plenty of space around you and the center of your area good to sit down for meditation. The energy will be there, just as when doing spellwork, but no tools, candles, herbs, stones, etc. to focus and tune, direct the energy. What happens will depend on how well you learn to do this using mind, will, and body alone.

Stand in the center of this space you have chosen to work in. By the way, your body does contain salt. Ever sweat on a hot day, have it run down into your eyes? It burns sometimes doesn't it? There you have salt and water...whether sweating or not, salt is in your body.

Now walk toward the East until at the edge of this space. Standing there visualize the color you associate with the element air. Start chanting "Powers of the East" while pointing a finger as if it were a wand. Then walk deosil and follow a circular path to the South...do the same using color plus chanting...then West, North. Keep going until at the East again.

Return to the center and visualize the space as a circle...sit down now if you need to, begin by offering a prayer or do a meditation. The space should begin to feel like it contains power or light.

When finished ground or send off the energy for what you're needing it for...practice, as they say "practice makes perfect" and good luck. :D
Cherokeewind
[EarthWitch]

Post by [EarthWitch] »

Thanks cherokeewind. I definately can use this info as I travel alot and can't always have access to tools.
...not all who wander are lost... (tolkein)

I am the daughter of Earth and Water
and the nursling of the sky-
I pass through the pores of the oceans and shores
I change, but I never die.
-shelley-
[cherokeewind]

Post by [cherokeewind] »

Yeah, I've had to do this myself sometimes...like when moving here a couple years ago. I found myself stuck here at times just waiting. So, got alone, no tools or anything, just me. You can pack a small essentials kit for travel (see below). But, when you have nothing except yourself, good to be able to do this method not using the normal ritual props.

For travel, I liked to keep a small cedar box that was meant for cards...contained 8 white/gray Chert which are good for grounding plus 4 stones of a color or mineral type good with each element. The eight stones for a circle, then 4 element stones just inside the circle, one at each direction. Then a small quart crystal to place over a piece of lava rock...this would substitute for a candle. And some white paper, colored felt tip markers for adding a color by drawing a Rune or other symbol. A small lockblade knife will do nice for an athame. Also a small tree branch wand is easy to keep with the travel kit. It helps to wrap a small coil of copper wire (like your house is wired with) around where your hand will hold it...but leave about 2 1/2" copper wire straight at coil end for under your finger, this 2 1/2" straight wire part should point toward the front end of wand. I would leave tree bark for where the coil goes...both ends sharpened and bark removed from the point of the front end until close to where you hold it. A wooden wand like that I would rub some oil into it first before using.
Cherokeewind

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”