Strange dreams. Very strange.

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
Adrian

Strange dreams. Very strange.

Post by Adrian »

My psychology teacher said we're supposed to dream in dull colors, usually black and white. But my dreams are vibrantly colored and are ridiculously strange nightmares. When I tell people about them, they look at me like I'm nuts... I could describe a few of them if you would like, but it might be a bit confusing. Especially since some of the most terryifying were dreamt about when I was a little kid, so my memory is a bit vague. Can anyone explain why they are so vivid and ... stange? It's almost as if I'm in the dream in some of them.
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

Interesting. I did not know that people generally dream in dull color, and black and white. I tend to dream in bright color too. as for the feelign that you are in the dream... well you are in the dream, or at least your awareness is. it's your dream and in your mind, so of course you would be in it. Sorry if I misunderstood what you are trying to say.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Dreaming's a good healthy way for our brains to sift through all the information it transmits in our waking hours. I've heard somewhere that if we didn't dream we'd go mad....can't remember where I heard it from so I can't reference it.
I dream in colour too...and I've dreamt in black and white and some dreams are like complete, indepth novels or movies....it doesn't mean anything except that my brain was overly busy in my waking hours so it's having to be overly busy in sorting out all the information into relevant parts of the brain while I sleep.

Nightmares usually happen because of some fear we have in life, though it might not be apparently obvious. It's our subconscious trying to find ways to sort things out.
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

my dreams are so crazy I think if i have any ability to see what is yet to come it is all in there but I don't ever realize till later after having many repetative dreams if you ever need anyone to interperate i'm great with that but if only I could read my own i've had so many come to light later after many vivid crazy ones if only it were as easy as a book straight forward.
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
Tymar

Post by Tymar »

I love dreaming, i dream in colour as well.
my dreams can be in-depth or short, they can follow a story line for months or just quick bursts and thats it.
I have been able to dream certain situations in my life..
and i have watched them unfold.

The best way to understand your dreams is to start writing them down.
start looking up meanings but always remember what something means to you might not mean the same for another.. hence making your own dream dictionary would be handy..

I sometimes use Dream moods when im chasing down a meaning that isn’t in my books at home or when im in a hurry..
http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

With nightmares or reoccurring dreams, i would take note as to what your subconscious is trying to tell you.
As i find with nightmares try to get your attention by scaring you. And reoccurring just keeps playing over and over till you get the point..
So look into not only what ever it is that is scaring you, but try and face it in your dreams, take note of everything around you, floor, wall, colors.. etc..

BB Tymar
BB Tymar..

Don't wait for a light to appears at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and light the bloody thing yourself" - Sara Henderson;

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”