Terribly sick, any suggestions?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

Lmao, Heka!

Isn't the saying "finally 21 and able to do the things I've been doing since 16!"

Although I must admit, at 22, I'm still looking around when buying liqour and feel like I'm doing something illegal, lol. No wonder I still get carded, :D

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
Heka
Banned Member
Location: On top of some magic rock in the middle of the desert yelling at the sky in joy...

Post by Heka »

haha yeah, cept its 18 here, not 21 YAY haha :lol:
Blessed Be and Merry Part

Heka

~~~~~~~

Water, my blood...
Earth, my body...
Air, my breath...
Fire, my spirit...
SugarCharmz
Location: Dancing with the sugarplums in the chocolate river.

Post by SugarCharmz »

AmberRose13 wrote:at 22, I'm still looking around when buying liqour and feel like I'm doing something illegal, lol.
Lololz!!!! I used to feel like that when my mother would give me certain privileges that I was not allowed before. Conversations would be much like:
Me: "Mom.. you're SURE I can do this?"
Mom: "YEESSSS... and you better before i change my mind!!"
I'll probably be feeling like that when I hit 21, haha!! I still have a long road to walk before i get there though, and running doesn't make the time go faster!! :\ Lol.
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
Wolf Heart

Post by Wolf Heart »

I know what you mean sugar. When I was younger my mom would sometimes let me have a wine cooler and I always felt so "cool" lol.

Anyways, I got myself some vicks vapor rub, and a vicks vapor machine thing, some alka sletzer and nyquil. Hopefully the combination will work, I'm already starting to feel a bit better but it always gets the worse at night and in the mornings.

I also got myself some green tea!
~*People fear the beast within the wolf because they do not understand the beast within themselves.*~
SugarCharmz

Post by SugarCharmz »

ooo!! I mix a teaspoon of honey into my tea for flavor. If you can get yours to not taste bitter, please post how, lol. Mine always comes out bitter. Honey or not.

And get well :(
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
"There is no greatness where there is not simplicity, goodness, and truth." ~Leo Tolstoy
~*~*~*~*~
mysticfyrefly

Post by mysticfyrefly »

if its warm enough let a bit of air in fresh air always helps
Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul. And sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all...Emily Dickinson
[AmberRose13]

Post by [AmberRose13] »

SugarCharmz wrote:ooo!! I mix a teaspoon of honey into my tea for flavor. If you can get yours to not taste bitter, please post how, lol. Mine always comes out bitter. Honey or not.

And get well :(
You're soaking your tea too long, and possibly having the water too hot. Its kinda funny to think about it, but certain types of tea need a certain temp of water, and usually need to be soaked for no more than 5 min. Most less than that.

- Amberrose
"Sometimes the measure of friendship isn't your ability to not harm but your capacity to forgive the things done to you and ask forgiveness for your own mistakes."
- R.K. Milholland
SugarCharmz

Post by SugarCharmz »

AmberRose13 wrote:certain types of tea need a certain temp of water, and usually need to be soaked for no more than 5 min. Most less than that.
Ooo!! Thank you! The box said to let the teabag seep for three-five minutes to avoid bitterness. I'll try it for less time and see how it comes out! :)
~*~Angi~*~

~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~
Makbawehuh
Banned Member

Post by Makbawehuh »

Bah. If you heat up your whiskey, the alcohol gets burned out. It's the first thing to go, as a matter of fact.

My dad's cure for everything was hot whiskey with honey and a little lemon, and lightweight that I am, you'd think I'd get drunk.

Never. I downed a good sized tumbler of the stuff last time I was really sick, and didn't even get a buzz. So sad.

>.<

I felt better the next morning, though.
~St. Makupuff the Awesome~

"The human race will begin solving it's problems on the day that it ceases taking itself so seriously." – Malaclypse the Younger

The Hell Law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it.
Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't.

-Holy Book of Truth; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1 (Principia Discordia)
learn2lovem3

Post by learn2lovem3 »

I've felt the same way on and off. We've concluded I've probably just got allergies of some kind. It's not always there, but eh.
I use Tylenol MS Cold and Flu Pills at night to help me sleep and to clear my throat and nasal passages. They knock me out! Lol.
I also drink a lot of gatorade. It's about 50 calories per every 8 oz I believe? I drink that mostly because I've noticed without I feel lightheaded and the feeling of blacking out becomes more severe. Those symptoms aren't linked to the allergies though, just to put that out there. We don't know what's wrong with me, and that's a whole different story, but yeah. Gatorade helps with that and gives you energy and electrolytes. =)
I also make sure to eat something really healthy when I wake up. I try to make sure, at least. >.> Lol. It gives me more energy and helps me feel no so sluggish.

I know that pretty much all of this is common sense stuff, but I just thought it might help. o_o

~Lisa

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”