i can help

Talk, spells, rituals, and questions about the four elements.
5moons

Post by 5moons »

How do I start to tell about it. OK let me try.
The fifth element is like the person you never see. Not talked about. Not heard of alot. But people know it's there.
It is a person that does not feel strongly connected to just one element. They use all four main elements and feel the same power in each one. The fifth is like a crystal skull you might say. I give energy and feel connected to all four. If I was to help you in the element you feel you are. I can do like it was nothing. I am not saying I am all big and bad ass just cause I am all 4 bound into one. All 4 are the one and the one are the 4. So I am am trying my hardest to make sense of it all. I mean there is the spirit side of it all as the 5th some people say
but it takes the 4 to create that 5th so maybe that is what I am trying to explain to all.
lienshan

Post by lienshan »

Thanks. You explained something very important to me :idea:

In my other world the four elements are named:
darkness, infinite space, invisibility and primeval waters

After reading your words I realize, that they are the inside of this world's:
earth, fire, air and water

The fifth element are all four in one. Sounds great to me because I never liked metal as the fifth element as in e.g. Feng Shui.
Tinevisce

Post by Tinevisce »

Can anyone tell me the difference between natural magick and elemental magick?Since magick is the harnessing of natural forces- isn't all magick natural?And nearly all rituals begin by invoking the elements- so every time we make magick aren't we actually doing elemental magick first?
By the way, these are just my opinions- please feel free to contradict or correct me
Blessed Be
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

The way I see it is that natural magic uses what nature offers us in the physical world i.e crystals, Herbs, water etc etc. Elemental magic is more based in the astral world.
A very basic definition, but I find those the easiest to understand.

hedge
lienshan

Post by lienshan »

To me natural magic is outside, makrokosmos. Elemental magic is inside, microkosmos. An examble: a sparrow recognize the shadow of an eagle without learning; the eagle is outside in macrokosmos, the nature, and the eagleshadow picture is inside in microkosmos, the gens. We call it a dejavue. Shamanic travelling is based on this :wink:

The natural magic is based on Water, Fire, Air and Earth; the nature.

The elemental magic is based on Primeval waters, Infinite space, Invisibility and Darkness. These are the 4 elements from the Book of Thoth and they are connected to our four senses to think, to feel, to hear and to see. They are the repeating of our birth: We come from water inside our mother, we feel the air in our lungs, we hear our first scream and we see the first light in the darkness.

As Four Souls explained: the fifth element are the 4 in 1 :wink:

The sixth element is the Change (alchymy or witchcraft) ::coolglasses::
morgan

Post by morgan »

OMG i feel like i havent been here in YEARS!!!!!!
sorry i was gone so long, I was having computer issues. :D
fire_dragon_blessed_be

Confused

Post by fire_dragon_blessed_be »

I am a little confused, I am an Aqarius, but just barely, I was born on 18 FEB. I do possess many Air traits, but also many Fire and Water traits as well, and a few of the Earthen ones. What does this mean ? I also study martial arts, and believe in some eastern beliefs too, for instance, I was born in the month of the Dragon and the time of day of the Dragon.

The Old One sleeps,
As I prepare,
To awaken the Beast,
From It's ancient lair,
Slowly it rises,
To answer my plea,
I am the Dragon,
And He is Me.

~An old Ninjitsu chant from my Order, The Order of the Black Dragon

~Eric
Elem

Post by Elem »

Don't worry too much if you don't fit into what your birth-date 'says' you should be.. It's not an exact science :).

It all depends on concentrations of different Elements during pregnancy and birth.. During this time what you might refer to as our 'soul' is being 'grown' and 'born'.

Given that the concentrations of Elements in the flow of energy around us change, it could be that during your time in the womb, you got a relatively equal balance.. Thus you feel no true affinity for each Element.

Be aware though that affinities can change. It may be that, through the course of your life (up until now) you have changed your affinity through interaction with other Elements. Your 'soul' is an object that constantly changes, with energy permanently flowing through it.

You're probably in a better position than most, as you will feel more comfortable when working with several Elements, whereas others born with a more unified, single affinity may find this more difficult.

At the end of the day, don't worry too much about it :).

Elem
fire_dragon_blessed_be

Post by fire_dragon_blessed_be »

Thank you so much ! I was having a time tryting to figure out what was up, but you answered my question very effectively. Thank you so much for your time.

~Eric
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

FourSouls wrote:The four elements are not to taken for granted. Mixing elements and drawing on there energy is the worse you can do to yourself not only does it mess with your body your aura as well. Stay with a elemental and work at it be close to it. Make the way your feel the way your elemental is. An there is not just 4 as they all say. Four main ones yes but there is a fifth. The one that binds the four and is the four. There always was and there will always will be. For if there was not a way for all four elements to be bond then chaos would be everyday life. You just don't hear about it a lot.
What a load of crap lol. Of course you can use more than one Element. Mine is Earth but this doesn't mean I can't call upon Air, Fire or Water if I want to. I have done many times before and I can tell you now, I was fine, I am fine, and I will be fine again when I decide to use which ever Element I want, nothing bad happend, trust me!
The 5th Element you're on about is Spirit.
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
jcrowfoot

storm magic(K) or not?

Post by jcrowfoot »

So, morgan... here's a thought.

I once found a large, new, well crafted kichen knife stuck in the earth, at a place where you could easily view the mountian valley where all the storms in our area came from. The blade was facing the direction that the storms would come from. The day before, we'd just barely missed by a huge storm that would have flattened all the new plants that were coming in. Since the area was agricultural, that meant the crops were saved as well as people's gardens. The weather guys couldn't explain how it missed the City and crashed into the mountians on the other side.
I picked up this knife and the blade was totally saturated with storm energy. I still have this blade. So here's my question: would diverting a storm be storm magic specifically, or just weather magick? I didn't feel anything other than storm energy in it.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Enlightenment wrote:
FourSouls wrote:The four elements are not to taken for granted. Mixing elements and drawing on there energy is the worse you can do to yourself not only does it mess with your body your aura as well. Stay with a elemental and work at it be close to it. Make the way your feel the way your elemental is. An there is not just 4 as they all say. Four main ones yes but there is a fifth. The one that binds the four and is the four. There always was and there will always will be. For if there was not a way for all four elements to be bond then chaos would be everyday life. You just don't hear about it a lot.
What a load of crap lol. Of course you can use more than one Element. Mine is Earth but this doesn't mean I can't call upon Air, Fire or Water if I want to. I have done many times before and I can tell you now, I was fine, I am fine, and I will be fine again when I decide to use which ever Element I want, nothing bad happend, trust me!
Enlightenment, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was just reading the topic and couldn't believe that no one had queried this post... then I read yours and felt much better. :) I have also called on all 4 elements and I'm still here to tell you about it.
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Shadow wrote:
Enlightenment wrote:
Enlightenment, you took the words right out of my mouth. I was just reading the topic and couldn't believe that no one had queried this post... then I read yours and felt much better. :) I have also called on all 4 elements and I'm still here to tell you about it.
HaHa. I'm probably known around here as the one who speaks her mind lol. It just had to be said :lol:
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
stormer89

storm magic?

Post by stormer89 »

hmm i havent heard much about that. are there any books that go into detail about it? or books that are just about that? if so please post them on here.
peace and love and blessed be
~ * ~ stormer ~ * ~

Return to “The Elements - Earth, Fire, Air, and Water”