I need some Shaman related data please...

Paganism, witchcraft, and Wicca as portrayed on TV, movies, and popular culture. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer, Charmed, Practical Magic, etc. If you know of a good show or movie, you can recommend it here or discuss it with others.
Vigdisdotter
Banned Member

Re: I need some Shaman related data please...

Post by Vigdisdotter »

Shaman Of Bliss wrote:Hello everyone I was wondering If anyone had like specific to Shaman practices? I would really like some help trying to figure myself out, a link or a book title or something would be really sweet, thanks. :D
Two books on the subject that might be helpful are Singing the Soul Back Home by Caitlin Matthews and Stone Age Wisdom by Tom Crockett. I've found both to be quite readable and with wonderful insights.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

*sigh* Really miss Shaman'_of_Bliss's posts...
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Jcrow,

Did this guy go away or something?

Thet
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

He runs his own forum,most recently. He went away from here and some of us stilll posted with him on another forum for a while. Last I saw/heard he's fine and doing well, exploring Chaos..
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

http://theshadedgrove.proboards104.com/index.cgi

this is Derrick's [Shaman of Bliss] forum.It's new, not much going on right now. We would love to see some more members there.Hint,hint, cough, ahem..............
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Oh, no! *Another* forum to spend time on! Ack... I spend so much time here... and I get so little personal writing (ie... what I'm supposed to be doing for a *living*...) oh, bother.

I will have to check it out, never the less. Possibly after Yule. I have a deadline.
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

If it's books you're after one of my favorites is "In the Shadow of the Shaman" by Amber Wolfe. This author is easy to read and follow and gives some great exercises.

Other recomendations:

Christopher Pencak "The Temple of Shamanic Witchcraft"
DJ Conway "By Oak, Ash & Thorn"
Ross Heaven "Voodoo Shaman: Haitian Way of Healing" (This brings together some interesting elements and practices of Voudoun and actual Haitian Shamanism - which has differences from American, Celtic & Slovic Shamanism).
Carlos Castenada "The Teachings of Don Juan and "A Separate Reality"
Barbara Tedlock "A Woman in a Shaman's Body"
Sandra Ingerman "Shamanic Journeying - A Beginner's Guide"
Madden "Book of Shamanic Healing"
hedge*

Post by hedge* »

Eretik wrote:http://theshadedgrove.proboards104.com/index.cgi

this is Derrick's [Shaman of Bliss] forum.It's new, not much going on right now. We would love to see some more members there.Hint,hint, cough, ahem..............
Shaman of Bliss - that font colour is REALLY dificult to read on your forum hun........you wanna change it to white.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

Shaman,

remember that, on the advise of council, many of the practices which are a part of shamanism cannot be openly discussed as there are minors on this forum.

As well as the fact that, many shamantic practices involve the use of illegal substances which could potentially cause problems for this forum.

barring that, you'll find plenty of scholastically referenced shamanic practices here;

http://www.sacred-texts.com/sha/index.htm
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

DON"T EVER RETURN TO THAT FORUM! lol

its horrible and a failed atempt to recover the MM after it got Spammed to death, cause I forgot about this one. Also, yeah I'm back so expect more posts. lol

Return to “Witchcraft and Wicca in the Media”