Wierd feelings when Meditating?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
Faeth

Wierd feelings when Meditating?

Post by Faeth »

Yesterday when I meditated I felt like I was going to throw up, and I felt like there was a darkness coming. Today when I meditated there was nothing like that, but when I opened my eyes, (I was infront of a mirror) It was strange, my eyes almost looked like they were glowing, and they were lighter than usual. My face was pale, and my eyes kept looking to the right to me in the mirror. But it was looking straight at the mirror, not to my right. Anyone know what happened? Or anything?
Revolpathon
Banned Member

Post by Revolpathon »

you follow where your eyes "seem" to look.

glowing eyes, interesting, i never looked in the mirror after meditating. i only use it for shaving and such.

but the throwing up and darkness thing, have you been eating and drinking well? because movement after a long time of no movement or minimal movement tends to make you blackout or make you feel like throwing up or dizzy and stuff like that.
Faeth

Post by Faeth »

Ok, thats good.
--
I havent been eatting as much as usual, but I eat enough to make me full....which isnt that much.
And right when I close my eyes, and start breathing I feel like Im going to throw up.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Some people actually use silver mirrors to do scrying, and a friend of mine swears she can only see auras of people in mirrors. Maybe you are using the mirror in the same way. Shake out your hands and try "feeling" through the areas that seem dark. Do you "feel" anything? Cold, hot? Tingly? Disjointed?
Faeth

Post by Faeth »

Hmmm...Ill try that, good point.
amunptah777

Post by amunptah777 »

First off, I'll say....when meditating, there's always something to be dealt with, (there's always some "approaching darkness" some boogie man...some apocalypse...) part of the practice is calming and focusing no matter what is going on.

In Buddhism, there's a fairly simple concept of "Monkey Mind", which means, no matter what you do...the brain continues to perform its little synaptic gymnastics until you can train it not to;

My disclaimer here is that I , personally, do not practice Pure Land school, but if you read carefully, this text should help you.

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/monkeym.pdf

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”