Amazing Experiences In Trance with the Astrology Archetypes

General questions and conversations about astrology.
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Astral Connections

School of Metaphysics

by Noel Eastwood

Astrologers do lots of things other than astrology readings, some of us are therapists and healers too. Myself, I have qualifications in education, psychology and clinical hypnosis, taoist meditation and healing. So you see, we can draw upon our many skills to enhance the art of astrology and bring about change and transformation in our client’s lives. This article describes how a multidimensional approach to healing drawing upon astrology, meditation and self hypnosis can bring about spiritual growth.

At a workshop I presented some years ago I guided the group to meditate on our astrological ‘archetypes’. Archetypes are symbols, in this case we use astrology symbols, which represent various aspects of our personality, strengths and weaknesses. By contacting certain ‘archetypes’ you can find out more about yourself and gain insight which might aid you in your journey of healing and spiritual development.

I have Saturn and Jupiter in uncomfortable aspect with each other. At this workshop I went in to trance and ‘saw’ my chart laid out flat before me. I looked around and wondered who I would work with. I looked at Pluto, nah, not him again, I then looked at my 7th house, and there was Jupiter, frozen like an icicle.

Moving my gaze I saw Saturn, the Lord of the Chart, standing smug in the 10th house. Ah ha! the lights came on as I realised what had happened. Powerful Saturn had pointed his finger at Jupiter and froze him to keep him quiet, just like Mr Freeze in Batman. At this time in my life I was working very hard, I needed every second and every ounce of energy for my work. Any distraction was a burden and Jupiter was in the habit of drawing troublesome situations into my life, fun situations that took precious time and energy away from my career and university studies.

Jupiter wanted just to have fun, with my wife and kids, they wanted their dad back too. But I was focused on career, and Saturn was the archetype responsible for achieving my goals. I loved achieving and being successful, and had given Saturn free reign over my life to provide a career and purpose in life. However, Saturn took his role too seriously and would not let me become distracted from working towards my career goals and Saturn was stronger than Jupiter and dominated him, sometimes severely.

Jupiter wanted to have fun but Saturn wanted him to just keep quiet and stay away so that he could get on with my career. But each archetype has a need to be expressed and Jupiter, like a child, could not stay quiet for too long. When he had thawed he would break out and cause mischief, Saturn would then freeze him up again.

I looked at Jupiter, he is good friends with my Venus who stands next to him in my chart, but Venus had turned away and ignored him completely. I knew why, Jupiter was such a bore as an icicle.

This was a real problem for me. Both Venus and Jupiter were involved with drawing people to me, my patients and friends, without them I would be a shell, successful academically but not in life. I had to do something about this, now.

Still in a light trance I went over to Saturn and asked him to ‘help me out here.’ I explained that he was hurting me and had to ease off. I brought Jupiter over, and he was not happy either. Jupiter was angry with Saturn, he knew he had little say in the matter but all the same Jupiter wanted some respect from the ‘Lord of the Chart’. I had to explain to the two of them that their disharmony was affecting me. I decided that I had to negotiate between the two, to come up with some suitable options, Jupiter to agree to tone down his demands for play and Saturn to ease up on his work-load and self discipline. They agreed, though I could see that neither trusted the other.

I check up on them when I think about it and often there is Jupiter frozen like a statue, and I have to get them back together for a talk, but on the whole it has made a marked change in my life. Having just typed this paragraph I meditated on them again. Saturn was in black, as he always is for me, and he had white gloves on, he sees himself as a conductor, an artist, he is so proud of the work we have done together. I owe him recognition for my motivation and determination after placing myself under enormous pressure to complete the work I set myself.

I looked across for Jupiter and saw Saturn bringing him over to me, he was dusting Jupiter down, like an old coat covered in dust. Oh dear, at least Saturn hadn't frozen him this time, I realised that he had locked Jupiter in the closet.

I look back at the past three months of writing and working and see that I have had very little play time. Jupiter has not had much opportunity to get out and have fun. Things are changing now, and I see that I need to get out and do things again in the real world instead of just working.

When I was going through another tough time, transiting Neptune was crossing my Capricorn Ascendant, I went ‘inside’ my chart to see what was happening. I looked across at my Ascendant, and there rising before me was a huge rocky mountain, surrounded by barren and dusty planes. Oh, not very good, but it did describe how I was feeling, barren. Capricorn, my Ascendant, is represented by a mountain goat, an appropriate image. I dropped in to see Chiron, he was living in a cave opposite the mountain, and he looked rather primitive, unevolved. So I spent some time working with him to bring him out of himself, out into the daylight. Chiron changed rapidly with each meditation, and he soon learnt tai chi and began manifesting his potential within me. Chiron become my Inner Taoist.

I noticed that below the mountain there was a river, with dirty muddy brown water flowing along it. That was transiting Neptune who had begun to cross my Capricorn Ascendant and was trying to bring flow and harmony into my life. Neptune was devastating, he washed away old habits and undermined my self esteem, he made me change by drowning me in my own strength.

Capricorn is strength, he is inflexible and he is disciplined, and I had too much of these characteristics especially with Saturn so strongly placed in my chart. I was not flowing enough in my daily life. Neptune came along and washed these bad habits away whether I liked it or not. He was ruthless and I was devastated for some 12 months. But, each time I went into trance I saw a wonderful panorama evolving before my eyes. The mountain was no longer so rugged and barren, the planes below had a clean river flowing through with green foliage growing beside the river. As each meditation proceeded I witnessed the change in myself and the change in my inner world. I worked with the archetypes, I directed them to help me cope with the stresses I was undergoing. It was a cooperative period of growth through hardship and change.

This morning in meditation I went to see how my Ascendant was going and dropped in to see Chiron. Chiron was standing outside his cave dressed in his flowing blue gown as he always does now. He smiled and began to chuckle when he saw me, he patted the top of my head and said, “All gone, all gone”. I actually felt his hand touching me, this almost brought me back out of trance. I quickly realised what he was saying, I had no hair, two days ago I cut it off on a whim. He was laughing at my shorn head. Well well, the archetypes certainly have a personality.

The very first time I tried the archetype meditation in therapy I was fortunate to have a very easy patient to work with. Dani came for help because she had died too many times. She had asthma since she were a child, so bad that she had been rushed off to hospital on many occasions. Now she had small children and wanted it to stop. I suggested that we work with the archetypes in trance.

At the first session Dani met the Sun, he came to her as a native African in a lion skin toga. She asked why he wore the toga, he replied, “Because its cool.” I was impressed, humour indeed. This lady experienced many interesting things in trance and was a dream to work with. She met her Cancer archetype but couldn’t understand what was said, Cancer spoke so softly. Dani asked the Sun to tell her what Cancer was saying. The Sun told her that Cancer said something that Dani didn’t want to hear. Dani then told Cancer to speak up even if she herself didn’t want to hear what she said. Dani was silent for some moments, with some embarrassment she told me that Cancer said that she was too intolerant and judgemental. You see Dani was a social worker.

We worked once with Jesus, I must admit that I suggested this because I had had success with another patient the week before. Jesus told her that she had asthma because her parents were continually on the brink of divorce, she would get ill to keep them together. This was almost too much for Dani, she came back quiet and pale, she told me that this was true. She had never before seen it in this light and having heard it realised just how true it was. Jesus gave her a feather and told her to ‘walk gently, walk softly’.

In the final few sessions she got in touch with her health archetypes, they told her she should be doing the Taoist chi breathing exercises I had taught her. She told them that she didn’t have time, she had two small children and she worked each day. They told her that they would wake her up in the middle of the night to do it. They did, and this just terrified her, she stopped the meditations.

Another lady went in to see her archetypes speaking first to Jupiter. He was causing mischief in her life, so she asked to visit his house and talk with him. When she arrived she saw a magical well that he told her would drop her into her deep subconscious if she touched its water. Jupiter told her that the well contained all her wishes and dreams. She then saw that he lived in a castle, and behind its wall stood a huge three headed dragon, and he was frightening. Jupiter turned to her and handed her a plastic sword and said “Go and fight the dragon.” Amanda was horrified, no way! Jupiter just said, “Go on, you do it all the time.”

Amanda realised then that the dragon represented her mother whom she fought with all the time. She never won because she didn’t have the ‘weapons’ to win with. She looked at the dragon and saw words spelt out beside it, ‘Guilt’, ‘Pain’, ‘Fear’. Ahhh, just how her mother made her feel.

During our trance sessions together Amanda went on to visit other archetypes. Saturn had all of her certificates and diplomas on his walls. He explained that he did all that for her. Sagittarius was also an archetype she had to visit, he wanted her to study, study, study. He had to be told that if she did that she would never produce anything, she would be studying for ever. Her stumbling blocks were there in the horoscope for her to work with.

The insights that we gain using the trance state and astrological archetypes from our personal horoscope can pave the way for inner healing, the most powerful form of healing available to us.

Noel Eastwood 2002

If you are interested in learning more why not purchase my new book on astrology and the archetypes, from Harald Tietze. Or study the psychology of astrology, Taoist meditation and healing on this web site.

This article appeared in the September 2002 FAA (Federation of Australian Astrologers) Journal

You have permission to copy this article or extracts from it for private study purposes only. If you quote extracts please do so with proper reference to the author and this web site, thank you. If you wish to publish these articles in your journal or magazine please let me know, I will be both flattered and excited to think that someone else finds my passion as interesting as I do.

http://www.astralconnect.com/toc.htm

link to the full site.

----------------------------------------------------

I was 'wowed' by this article.It's a good site with a lot of Astro-metaphysics [ is that a word?lol] very interesting indeed.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

sometimes made up words are the only words that do things justice...one day we're going to need a glossary of all the words we make up :P

That was quite a mind bender...perceptions always interest me so. I will have to re-read this after I'm well rested for further clarity.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

Yep. And those made up words... eventually wind up in dictionaries, if society likes them. take w00t for example. :o

That article is awesome. For a beginners astrology book which thinks this way but doesn't actually suggest this way out-right, I suggest,

Stephen Forest's "The Inner Sky". That's a personality astrology book, the best I've ever read. The first chapter alone had my hair tingling to my spine, and I cried after my own archetype chapter, because it hit me so deep emotionally. Did I mention that I'm an Aquarius? ;-)

Return to “Astrology and Zodiac”