Dream Boxes?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
[Moondaughter]

Dream Boxes?

Post by [Moondaughter] »

I know that dream journals are really important and can be of big help. But what about dream boxes. What even are dream boxes and what do they do?
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

i couldnt find anything on dream boxes...where did you hear about them
[Moondaughter]

Post by [Moondaughter] »

It was in a book on Wicca I read a long time ago, I don't remember the title. All I do remember is that dream boxes are boxes you keep open when you are sleeping, and then you close them when you wake up to remember your dreams. I don't know even if they work, or what they essentially do.
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

it may have just been a cute little charm the author was privvy too. it may not be a widely known thing. interesting concept though. why dont you just rig one up and see how it goes.
[ForestWitch]

Post by [ForestWitch] »

The only place I've ever heard of dream boxes was in a fantasy trilogy, Robin Hobbs' Liveship Trilogy, but there were for sharing a dream, not remembering one.
jcrowfoot

Post by jcrowfoot »

The term "dream box" can mean a number of different things.

One way is actually a wishing spell, where you put a bunch of pictures from magazines or drawings or objects in a box that relate to what you want to achieve, such as a type of job. You meditate with the box, charging it with energy. Then when you go off to the interview, you leave the box open so it's energy can help you.

The other dream box, I have heard of. I thought that when you wake, you whisper the dream into the box. then close it up. Then you open it when you want to have that dream again. I don't know where I heard of it, either...
Spell_of_The_Isle

Post by Spell_of_The_Isle »

I really, really like the wishing spell version of the dream box. Very creative, and I could definitely see how that would work. Once I get a proper goal in my mind, I am going to use the dream box as soon as possible. :) I'll certainly share the results.

Toodles.
Spell_of_the_Isle
"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were
supposed to be bringing." — Julie Cuccia Watts

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”