Random Poll

Talk about anything you want to here.

Are most family and friends supportive of your paganism or practice in Wicca?

Yes
65%
No
35%

Total votes: 23

Nyte_Wytch

Re: Random Poll

Post by Nyte_Wytch »

TheFireWithin wrote:I was wondering if your family and friends are supportive. Of course, EVERYONE won't be, but still.
Most of my family and friends don't know. The few who do are very curious and ask a lot of questions but are accepting of it. I live in a VERY conservative area. I'd be burnt at the stake, in a manner of speaking if it got "out". By day I'm a stay at home, PTA, gradeparent, team Mom...by night...LOL If I went to the next PTA meeting and announced "I'm a Witch" I think most would laugh and think its a joke *shrugs* My husband has had a very hard time accepting. I came to the path late in life and for the first 10 years of our marriage I got up and plodded off to church every Sunday etc. Imagine his reaction to my new religion/life!! His father and grandfather were Baptist Ministers. We have two daughters and the only way to keep the peace was NOT to share this side of my life with them. He's seems to be coming around S L O W L Y, and I look forward to the day when I can share what I have learned with my girls, they can then make their own decision as to what path they will follow.
"Shit happens and shit will continue to happen, it's what we make of that shit that really matters." -hedgewitch

"If the universe fundamentally decides what is and isn't right for you then what is the point in spell casting?" -hedgewitch
Thorn

Post by Thorn »

I think I'm really lucky. Almost all of my friends either are Wiccan and or Pagan, or they are just very open with different religion. I have friends who are Agnostic, Morman, Buddist, and they are all really accepting. I don't live or talk to my mom, so I don't know if she even knows my choice of religion, and my dad is very interested in everything I do. He's even recently started asking for tarot readings!!! However, there are other family members who I've never told about my religion, because I don't think they would be very accepting, so I just keep it to myself.

I'm just very lucky. :D

Return to “Member's Rants and Ramblings”