I finally managed to AP

Discussion about out-of-body experiences (astral travel), lucid dreaming, and other sleep related phenomenon such as night terrors and sleep paralysis.
Saria

I finally managed to AP

Post by Saria »

I've been working on Astral Projection for awhile now and the other night, it just sort of happened randomly. I was lying in my bed, concentrating on that high pitched buzzing sound in my head and on my third eye. I don't know whether I fell asleep or what but then everything was black and it felt like I was in a void for a few moments as I lost awareness in my physical location. At first there was no center of gravity and it felt like I was floating. When I lay down, it sometimes feels like gravity is reversed and I'm on my ceiling facing the floor. Well I felt a centrifical force pulling me in all sorts of directions and then it was down but I guess it was really up. Anyways, when I opened my eyes, I was standing in my room near the door. It didn't occur to me that I was out of my body until I started walking and was completely weightless. I also saw my house differently, through my third eye, I guess. Anyways once I realized what I was actually doing, I was instantly pulled back to my body. I concentrated once again and I felt the pull again and I was right back in the hallway for another few minutes. I got lost once again in my head and it turned black once more and then I was lying back in my bed again. I looked at the clock, and seeing that I had another 3 hrs before I had to get up, I decided to fall asleep.

Anyways it was an incredible experience and it seems like the other night chose me, or that it was meant to happen on that night. It was completely out of my control.

Has anyone else had a similar AP experience that was out of their control?
In the land of twilight under the moon...
[Enlightenment]

Post by [Enlightenment] »

Wow, congratulations!!! I've recently had my second OBE after a month or so of solid practice. It's a very exciting experience but our first OBE's don't usually last for long, we're not used to it and normally get too excited and get pulled back into our body. Your second will last longer, mine did anyway. If you've been practising OBE's with no luck sometimes when we give up trying for awhile or we don't think about having one it will just happen like it did to you, make the most of it lol as it might not be so easy in the future :wink: You're on a very exciting path at the moment and the possibilities are endless, you've just experienced the 'real' world :D
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

congrats saria,

Enlightenment, something you said really stuck out to me and i would hope you would elaborate?

"you've just experienced the 'real' world"
Eretik

Post by Eretik »

Yes, I forgot to say, congratulations!
Saria

Post by Saria »

Sobek wrote:congrats saria,

Enlightenment, something you said really stuck out to me and i would hope you would elaborate?

"you've just experienced the 'real' world"
The real world. Not the world as humans view it but the world as it truely is. Truth is blinded by perception and lies.

Seeing the world through astral form is completely different than seeing it normally. I hope I do get another one soon. Thanks for the congrats all!
Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

interesting though, and whats to say whats beyond the astral plane isnt "more real" for lack of better terminology?
Saria

Post by Saria »

Sobek wrote:interesting though, and whats to say whats beyond the astral plane isnt "more real" for lack of better terminology?
Good point. I have a firm belief in a "universal truth" meaning that it doesn't matter how it's perceived, it is what it is. I link universal truth to the source of the universe which is far beyond our physical bodies (at least those are my beliefs)
Blazewind

Post by Blazewind »

Congrats on your success. Since you have managed to do it once, you will likely be able to do it again.
Blazewind

The only truely stupid question is the one that no one had the nerve to ask.

Return to “OBEs, Astral Travel, Lucid Dreaming”