What happend to me last night?

Post meditations or discuss consciousness exploration here.
[Enlightenment]

What happend to me last night?

Post by [Enlightenment] »

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit sketchy but I'm still trying to get my head around what actually happened last night....It seems kind of silly typing it here as words truly cannot describe it, but I will try my best.

I'm still quite new to the Craft and also meditating (I've never tried it until I started practising the Craft) and I've never had an experience quite like this one before, I don't know if it was just pure energy or a spirit trying to connect with me? Or maybe something else?

Anyway, I was lying in bed and began to meditate (this is a long story short btw) roughly 20-30 minuets in, my left cheek began to tingle, as if someone had touched it, it was warm, such a deep, indescribable feeling, the tingle went from my cheek and spread through my whole body, it started off a nice, pleasant, light feeling, but it got stronger where it felt electric (not painful but very, very strong), my finger tips and toes felt like they were not even mine anymore, my whole body was out of control with this feeling, like something had swept through it and taken over for a short while. Then I started to feel really hot and my head was spinning around as if I'd span around time and time again and made myself dizzy. I can honestly say I don't even no what I was thinking at this point, it kind of all seems very blank (maybe because I was scared as this was the unknown). All I could think about and feel was the strange feeling that was running round my whole body like an electric current and how I was feeling so dizzy. The feeling didn't level out at all, it just kept getting stronger and stronger until I saw this bright light in front of my eyes, I was so freaked out at this point I had to open my eyes and as I did the feeling didn't just stop right there, my hands had obviously got so hot it had made them wet and clammy, I was shaking (not badly but where my legs felt numb and weak and my hands took a while to get steady again), my head was spinning and I was still dizzy, it was crazy, and these words seem so crap to describe it, I honestly can't find the right words to describe it, it was STRONG and unknown, scary yet magical, I just don't know, I really don't, but I didn't feel alone, it was like something, a higher power, being, whatever, had touched me and spread it's energy right through me. Whatever it was, energy or spirit, all I know is it was too strong, it became uncomfortable, that's the feeling, I didn't feel scared of what it might be, just the feeling was too strong.

I could go on and on trying to explain it but there are no words that can explain it. I meditate most nights and I often get a tingly feeling but only very light in my arms and sometimes legs and this takes quite a bit of concentration and a very clear mind, some nights I don't even get it, I just get my visulisations. So this just come out of no where for me.

Has anyone else had the same or similar experience while meditating and what do you think it is?

Thanks and sorry for the ramble, I'm still quite shocked lol.

Kristy
~Blessings One and All~

***Knowledge really is Power***
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Oh, wow. I don't know what that is. I think you're right, it's probably either an attempted possession or a divine presence.

I'm going to think about this one for a while.
[Enlightenment]

An attempted possession? What like a not so nice spirit trying to get inside me? Can that really happen? I'm scared now lol. Whatever it was didn't actually scare me itself, it was the overwhelming feeling that scared me, it was too much! I have NEVER had anything like this happen to me before, ever! Once I'd got myself a drink I had to pinch myself to make sure I hadn't fell asleep and dreamt it. Something wanted my attention for some reason and boy did they go about it the right way to get it.

I've been searching on Google to see if I can find anyone elses stories like this but I'm finding it hard as I'm not to sure what words to type into the Google search 'strange meditating stories' maybe....

PS: Loving the new avatar, how cool, you got your name on it too :D

x
~Blessings One and All~

[Enlightenment]

I forgot to mention, I was doing Chakra meditation, opening up each one of my Chakra's, would this be a cause for anything I might of felt as I'm no expert at it, still learning?
~Blessings One and All~

Sobek
Banned Member

Post by Sobek »

ok i'll the opposition here.

it sounds to me(not that im saying sercee is wrong, but other ideas are good)that you had raised too much energy and werent sending it anywhere or doing anything with it so it just kept building up and building up to a point where it had to get out. the light, now this could have just been the energy you couldnt contain escaping. but what im thinking, because you described it as a prescence, that the energies manfiested into some sort of energy being. but i dont really believe there is anything to worry about because if it wanted to hurt you im sure it would have. but i suggest you ground more often, or begin too if you dont already and perform a cleansing on yourself and your house.
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

Actually, Sobek sounds pretty on track with that. It makes a lot of sense.

And I didn't mean spirits like anything nasty, I think I just meant... something. Elemental, deva, kid ghost, goddess.... I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry about that.
[Enlightenment]

Sobek wrote:ok i'll the opposition here.

it sounds to me(not that im saying sercee is wrong, but other ideas are good)that you had raised too much energy and werent sending it anywhere or doing anything with it so it just kept building up and building up to a point where it had to get out. the light, now this could have just been the energy you couldnt contain escaping. but what im thinking, because you described it as a prescence, that the energies manfiested into some sort of energy being. but i dont really believe there is anything to worry about because if it wanted to hurt you im sure it would have. but i suggest you ground more often, or begin too if you dont already and perform a cleansing on yourself and your house.
Thanks for the insight Sobek!
I've been doing some reading on the net and it sounds to me like either or kind of thing. I read a very interesting link re spirit guides trying to get through to you and sometimes they can pretty over powering, getting to close to the person who is meditating can cause the same kind of effects as I described as can too much energy. I've read up on both and they both can have very similar effects so I guess I'll never know :roll:
Obviously last night I tried to see if it would happen again by doing the same sort of meditation and no, it didn't, I got the tingly feeling as I often do but only very lightly (nothing like the feeling of what happend the night before). I also spent more time on grounding last night and will do in the future :wink:
Thanks for your help Sobek!
~Blessings One and All~

[Enlightenment]

Sercee wrote:Actually, Sobek sounds pretty on track with that. It makes a lot of sense.

And I didn't mean spirits like anything nasty, I think I just meant... something. Elemental, deva, kid ghost, goddess.... I didn't mean to scare you. Sorry about that.
No hun, don't be sorry, you were giving your point of view and a valid one it is, just a little scary to think about but handy to know :wink: I'm kinda 50/50 on whether it was just too much energy or a spirit/spirit guide/elemental etc. The white light I saw kinda sways me a little towards a spirit, as does the feeling of being touched on my left cheek and the buzz feeling around my body, but why all the dizziness etc. Who knows lol, I don't think I ever will, but I am trying to get in touch with my spirit guide so maybe when I do it will let me know if it was them.......
~Blessings One and All~

A_light_on_the_water

Post by A_light_on_the_water »

I'd agree with sobek. Yes I do. But hey, I try to follow the path of cerimonial magick (which is hard without a lot of people, hello) because it is very loose and informative.. But I think you might want to look up the Lesser Banishing Ritual Of the Pentagram. It's pretty famous, and it works so verrrry well. Trust a complete stranger like me. look it up.
Shaman of Bliss
Banned Member

Post by Shaman of Bliss »

I've heard of the lesser banishment of the pentagram spell. I'm nto really heavy into the spells aspect of our world. I prefer energy manipulation. I've been meditating before I ever started the actual practices. I've had similar experiences to enlightenment. One while I was awake, I sat in the lunch room at school and closed my eyes. I closed our the noise, and I just began to shake and I was deathly cold. My theaory for that day was, somthing siliar to this ones here. I was drawing the energies of the people around me (there were like 300 people) and there was an overload.
[Enlightenment]

I think I now know what happend, I've been reading up on the net etc, and it seems that it was just a build-up of Energy, I had opened up each one of my Chakras, this causing the feelings I experienced. I haven't been able to get those feelings back since, well not as intense anyway, and it doesn't explain the white light I saw or the feeling of being touched on my cheek, but still, I reckon it was Energy.

Blessings!
~Blessings One and All~

[Epothes]

Post by [Epothes] »

I experience these things a lot throughout my own practices where you begin to feel a tingling sensation that changes in temperature (for me I experience warmth in most cases) and spreads throughout your body giving a numbing feeling. It happens a lot in deep meditation and energy manipulation depending on your grounding, what you're doing, etc. Don't be nervous about it. As Sobek said, if it were an entity attempting to cause harm to you it would've done so. For me, I see this as nothing to worry about.
~Epothes~

Return to “Consciousness Work and Meditation”