What are Familiars?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Sercee

Post by Sercee »

I'm not exactly sure I have familiars since I've only just starting doing any rituals, but they feel 'right'. Anyway, my familiars came to me rather than the other way around. Unfortunately, one is kind of 'borrowed'.

8 years ago, I wanted a kitten for my new apartment. A girl a worked with at the time instantly turned around and told me she had a 6 month old female that she couldn't keep because of her boyfriend. I agreed to take her. When Chris (the boyfriend) brought her over that night, I was terrified at what I had gotten into because she was a yowling, clawing, thrashing ball of fur. When I took her into my arms, however, she INSTANTLY (and I'm not exaggerating) curled up and purred herself to sleep. She's been my best friend ever since and sits with me when I do my stuff.

The other is an albino corn snake, named Annabelle. A very close friend of mine started school this fall and couldn't take his snake with him. He asked me to care for her until he was done because I'm the only one of his friends who understands how much she means to him and has the means (and desire) to do it. Anyway, Matty and I are the only people she is comfortable with. She is by no means excitable (corn snakes tend to be more relaxed) but she hangs out in my hair, 'kisses' my nose and, like my cat, keeps me company when I'm in my sanctuary. She hasn't had the opportunity yet to assist in any of my doings, but that's probably for the best since Matty will eventually take her back.

I guess maybe they aren't true familiars, at least not yet, but they feel like it to me anyway.

Return to “For Everyone”