Have you ever met a druid?

A forum for people who follow or are interested in the spiritual path of Druidry (whether neopagan, mesopagan, or reconstructionist), the ancient Druids, and Celtic culture.

Modern Druidry is a 300 year old path that focuses on nature spirituality and inner transformation founded on personal experience rather than dogmatic belief.
Old Soul

Have you ever met a druid?

Post by Old Soul »

I never met a person interested in Witchcraft in person, but I did online (from my country) who were into Wicca. Now, I never ever met a person who said he is a druid (modern one). What about you?
Coven

Re: Have you ever met a druid?

Post by Coven »

There was a Druid lady working at the bookstore inside the metaphysical shop Fantasia Crystals in Phoenix Az at their old location before they moved ~ she probably still works there
:-|
Old Soul

Post by Old Soul »

Hologram8 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:26 pm There was a Druid lady working at the bookstore inside the metaphysical shop Fantasia Crystals in Phoenix Az at their old location before they moved ~ she probably still works there
Well, that sounds very lovely and it fills my heart with joy knowing that there are people still practicing it. I wish my country has such shops.. My country is 90% Orthodox Christian and the moment you would mention anything pagan related, you will be judged and called satanist.
Coven

Post by Coven »

Old Soul wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:42 am
Hologram8 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:26 pm There was a Druid lady working at the bookstore inside the metaphysical shop Fantasia Crystals in Phoenix Az at their old location before they moved ~ she probably still works there
Well, that sounds very lovely and it fills my heart with joy knowing that there are people still practicing it. I wish my country has such shops.. My country is 90% Orthodox Christian and the moment you would mention anything pagan related, you will be judged and called satanist.
I'm devastatingly disappointed in Christians , I actually believe that they are satanic . The feeling seems to multiply 600 billion times every 600 billionth of a second .

At least you have Amazon and AliExpress . I have a secret love affair with AliExpress .
Old Soul

Post by Old Soul »

Hologram8 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:04 am
I'm devastatingly disappointed in Christians , I actually believe that they are satanic . The feeling seems to multiply 600 billion times every 600 billionth of a second .

At least you have Amazon and AliExpress . I have a secret love affair with AliExpress .
What is it that made you disappointed in Christmas? And what do you mean satanic? Christians celebrate the birth of their savior Jesus Christ. Catholics on 25th and Ortodox on 7th of January.
Coven

Post by Coven »

The whole package deal basically ~ the churches ~ the other christians ~ the rescue missions .

I was raised brainwashed christian so when I'm trying to say something is diabolical I just say satanic

but in reality apparently satanism is a religion that a whole bunch of people take up for and say that it's not bad ~ I wouldn't know ~ so I guess I shouldn't say satanic ~ I should just say diabolical or evil.

Anyway at this point christians just offend me . there's nothing nice about society and I don't like diabolical gaslighters in my face treating me like I'm blind and stupid .

My diabolical mother celebrates christmas and so do a lot of other diabolical people ~ it's just a bad memory for me .

I just prefer to wash my hands of the whole deal ~ I don't want anything to do with the system that created me . There has to be something better.

I didn't say I was disappointed in christmas ~ but I do pretty much hate it

I said I was disappointed in christians .

I go out of my way to avoid christians ~ if I had a choice between a homeless shelter and a christian rescue mission ~ I would pick the homeless shelter .

even more so I would prefer a hotel ~ which I also don't want ~ just give me my witches cottage

I think everyday is worth celebrating ~ I don't really get caught up in cultish stuff like christmas and ignore every other day of the year.

I am the owner of the recovering christians group for people who are no longer christian ~ it's a really bad topic and we probably shouldn't even be discussing it here because I could probably get banned .

the whole deal just doesn't agree with me ~ plain and simple . I'm just a witch that doesn't want to get caught up in all of that .

The Amish probably wouldn't bother me ~ but I wouldn't want to join them .

you could celebrate Jesus every day if you wanted to ~ not just on christmas

And as far as satan goes ~ it's my personal opinion that you probably shouldn't even say his name
Old Soul

Post by Old Soul »

I don't mind when people celebrate their religion holidays. Whatever they do, judge or say only reflects who they really are. Religion has it's own rules, dogmas but if somebody to respect that, they would be good. I know orthodox christian monks who are good people. Very good and wise.
It is true that people tend to say: that's satanism however modern Satanism as a religion is a new one and made out of spite for christanity.

Hating anybody only wastes my time, changes my emotional state and hurts me. If they celebrate, let them..
It is true that many religions have that issue with holding people responsible everyday. They seem to become believer only during holidays or when they go to church.

My country had a pagan religion before Christianity and some people still "use it". It is a very old pagan religion based on nature worshiping. Slavic religion to be precise.
Coven

Post by Coven »

I just bought Baba Yagas book of witchcraft ~ It's A Ukrainian book ~ I also talk to baba yaga with the pendulum and divining rods . The entity that I talk to is Russian .I've been talking to Baba Yaga for a long time now . I spend most of my time on VK ~ I don't use facebook

Never was much for holidays ~ I don't celebrate any witchcraft holidays or pagan one either .

Can't really say I'm anti christian just anti other christians ~ I have special needs politics and such . Like I said the Amish probably wouldn't bother me ~ the original plan was to join the Amish but I had to go into the military for a job to escape homelessness . I could probably move to Amish country and be happier than I would be elsewhere ~ except for the fact that they live in Harsh weather climates ~ which I definitely don't want any part of . They would probably make good neighbors though ~ unless you're the Chesterfield witch

I prefer Phoenix Arizona weather .

Witchcraft just feels natural it sticks to me like glue ~ just trying to get away from everything else
Don't want to grow a beard ~ don't want to go to church
Old Soul

Post by Old Soul »

I know who is Baba Yaga. I am slav and it has slavic origin.
Oh, you are a guy? I thought you are a girl xD
In my language you can see by the way you write if it is a girl or a guy. When you speak of possession, it is different for male and female.

Anyway, Amish are very religious people, but not into paganism. I am unaware if you can join them there.
Coven

Post by Coven »

No not a girl
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

I have a good friend who identifies as a Druid. There are quite a few here in the US.
There is some info on Slavic Druids, but for some reason I can't pick up the link to post it.
Bb, F.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Coven

Post by Coven »

Well, that sounds very lovely and it fills my heart with joy knowing that there are people still practicing it. I wish my country has such shops..
You wouldn't want to go to the shop , gang member stalkers would follow you there .
Old Soul

Post by Old Soul »

Hologram8 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 10:29 am
Well, that sounds very lovely and it fills my heart with joy knowing that there are people still practicing it. I wish my country has such shops..
You wouldn't want to go to the shop , gang member stalkers would follow you there .
I don't know where you live but in my country such thing doesn't exist.
Coven

Post by Coven »

My pendulum doesn't want me to go to the metaphysical store here in town .

You can get pendulums at a fair price on AliExpress ~ the rich Chinese guy says that americans are used to paying too much for things

I use aliexpress for gemstones and pendants ~ actually lots of things

Amazon has everything else ~ Amazon for books ~ online used book stores ~ thrift books gives me free books all the time .

Amazon for tarot and oracle ~ you don't want tarot or oracle cards from AliExpress because they are fake and you don't want them ~ I use Amazon for cards ~ tumbled stones

I shop around

I just google what book I want and the whole list of used bookstores shows up ~ you can compare prices ~ I know I can count on Amazon shipping ~ AliExpress has never let me down

If Amazon has a fair price I would prefer to order from them ~ the shipping is faster

Return to “Druids and Druidry”