TabiBookaholic

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
TabiBookaholic

TabiBookaholic

Post by TabiBookaholic »

I'm Tabi, or Tabitha. 32 years and from a tiny town in Oklahoma. I have two kids, two cats, and one mean little pup. My profile pic is of one of my babies, Tigger, when she was still a baby about 9 years ago. I am Chickasaw, Choctaw, Mississippi Choctaw, and Creek according to my family history. I was raised as a tribal member of the Chickasaw Nation. My Great Great Grandmother, who was by her own words a medicine woman, began my path on Shamanism when I was born. That day she gave me another name that only she called me.

Unfortunately our time was short, when I was just 11 and she 107 she passed on. She is still here just not in the same capacity. I had a very rocky life which hid my path for a long time. My fascination with crystals, tarot, and herbs was never ending though. I was unknowingly practicing for several years.

Recently I was encouraged by Granny and my spirit guide to begin researching witchcraft and was shocked that so much lined up with my own knowledge and beliefs. Being from the bible belt... I had never exactly been exposed to this.

So I'm a weird mixture of baby witch and a bit more intermediate level in some areas.

Also, just as a side note, my times will be completely random. I have narcolepsy as well as a host of other medical conditions my doctors are still working on leveling out including Acute Intermittent Porphyria, PTSD, etc. So if I don't reply quickly, I apologize in advance!

:wave:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: TabiBookaholic

Post by SpiritTalker »

Hi there TabiBookaholic - and welcome. You don’t have to be crazy to be here, we’ll train ya. :surprisedwitch:
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hi there! :wave: welcome to the board. That's inspiring your grandma lived so long! sorry you didn't get more time but I'm sure you were a light in her eye...and she got to pass her wisdom on to you. It is important that the memory of our ancestors live on. Wish I had known my GGG grandparent who was rumored to be Lenni Lenape. It does appear that indigenous peoples and witchcraft are more in tune with earth rhythms.
blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Welcome. I lived in Nowata, Oklahoma for a couple of years. I even lived in Foyil at one point. My daughter and grandkids have some Cherokee and Choctaw ancestry.
Daughter of Sekhmet
TabiBookaholic

Post by TabiBookaholic »

Thank you SpiritTalker, firebirdflys, and SnowCat! <3

I'm about 3 hours South of the Nowata area! Ada is bigger than it used to be but I still think of it as tiny.

My Granny was thought to be full-blood Chickasaw but after doing in-depth research along with DNA I found that she was a lot less Chickasaw and a lot more Creek and black. She spoke only Chickasaw and Choctaw. She knew English... She just refused to speak it. blue_laugh

The two are considered brother or sister tribes by many which is fitting, they always seem to be arguing and in competition.

I must be in the right place, my craziness so far has been lifelong and self-taught so it'll be nice to expand it. smiley_dance
JennAdeleK

Post by JennAdeleK »

I'm new here, too... and sending you a warm welcome! :flyingwitch:
"Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"
~Wicked~
TabiBookaholic

Post by TabiBookaholic »

Thank you JennAdeleK! <3 :fairy:

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”