Daily Practice

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
SeantheShaman

Daily Practice

Post by SeantheShaman »

Hi Guys,

I'm new to Wicca and have a few questions regarding daily practice as i don't really know whats appropriate.

I've been meditating for about 5 years on and off but could never really make a daily habit of it. I've experimented with ritual: casting the circle calling the quarters, invoking the god/goddess then just meditating until I've felt it was time to stop its felt really positive and empowering and sets me up in a good mood for the day i guess you could say it "raises my vibration" and attunes me to nature and deity, its the first time in my life I've truly felt connected to everything. but am i supposed to do this daily? from what I've read rituals are usually done on sabbats full moons and for spells. is doing this daily okay?

I'm worried about "astral nasties" and attracting unwanted attention, as I've seen it referenced in some books and my mother is not %100 down with witchcraft as she is superstitious and warns me not to dabble, but I'm not raising any power in these rituals though i do have a side intent of increasing my psychic awareness.

i suppose its no different to a christian reciting the lords prayer or a muslim praying 5 times a day. I'm solitary and new so i don't have anyone in person to ask.

Blessed be.
corvidus

Re: Daily Practice

Post by corvidus »

As long as you maintain elemental, emotional, physical and spiritual balance it’s perfectly fine to do daily. If you notice in yourself any unbalancing going on, you can always change up your routine to readjust things.

The meditation practice you’re doing seems solid, but if you want to do some sort of quick banishing before you cast the circle, it wouldn’t hurt :)
barker

Post by barker »

corvidus wrote:As long as you maintain elemental, emotional, physical and spiritual balance it’s perfectly fine to do daily.
What about the mental, is it practical Wicca to work with that? I do it a lot, mostly just clearing the mind, objectifying things and writing to myself. But then again I am a long time psychiatric patient and I don't really get to present as unwell...
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

yes the mental as well haha, it slipped my mind while writing that.

Cultivate your mind :)
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@Barker - keeping elements balanced would probably favorably effect the mental as part of Air, and objectifying & writing your thoughts would be part of the balance. IMO you're good; pls excuse my butting in :wink:

@StheS - We can't cast a circle without raising energy. A well balanced circle protects from energy interference during ritual. A reliable safeguard against attracting "energy feeders" in this realm is to release the elements, ground the residual energy after ritual to neutralize it & ground our energy body to stabilize ourselves ...just SOP (standard operating procedure). This breaks the ritual connection that maintains power & thus there's nothing to feed on. We don't have to be preoccupied with the negative suggestions of others. Normal, everyday Nature is attracted to positive energy & a good show anytime :D . The astral realm reacts to our thoughts & our own fears create so-called nasties so kick the negative train of thought off the track. You are the engineer. That will also improve psychic sensitivity because by not focusing on frights you won't be blocking.
SeantheShaman

Post by SeantheShaman »

Thanks for the feed back guys. If it gets abit much i may just go back to normal meditation, I'm already unbalanced as it is lol.

@Spirit so spot on the negative train of thoughts it makes sense, you just replied to one of my questions on the advanced forum so you can see my worries about astral nasties.

Blessed be!

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”