Spell to help keep a job?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
RainChild

Spell to help keep a job?

Post by RainChild »

My husband needs help keeping his job. His boss is upset that my husband had to call into work today. We want to make sure that he can keep it. I do not have a lot on hand right now. So simple and powerful would be best. Does anyone know anything for this?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Spell to help keep a job?

Post by SpiritTalker »

Just a candle anointed with a tiny bit of olive oil to set & hold the spell energy & your clear, focussed intent on the desired outcome & not the problem. Keeping it simple avoids distraction.
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

The problem is I have never wrote my own spell and have no clue where to start.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Then now's a good chance to get your feet wet. Have you looked at "simple spells" for at least one suggestion on a straight forward, plain & simple candle spell? Keep your first attempts very simple so you dont get scattered & can concentrate. It seems overwhelming but when you walk thru the steps a few times it's really not. It's like doing anything new ... Break it down one step at a time.
You always start with the desired outcome and back-engineer the support.

There are a couple instructional posts about how to write a spell if that's the way you choose. Read them carefully. Relax. Drink some chamomile tea if you have some. Learning is a gradual process & benefits from practice in spare time.
RainChild

Post by RainChild »

I will read through those. Thank you.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

An easy way to to grasp spell design is two-step: know your goal & back engineer the support.

Most important is to know your goal. Get it clear what you want & write it down in present tense phrasing. Ex: (name)'s job as X (position) is secure.

The goal can be written as a chant or rhyme or used as-is. Rhymes help us focus but aren't a requirement.

There are different approaches to designing the spell support. An elemental approach will determine which of the 5 elements best relates to the goal. This decides the form the spell will use. Ingredients are taken from what is on hand that is of the same element. Use the Correspondence Lists in WC & Wicca 101 section. My mini-list:

Air - beginnings, thoughts, knowledge; East, yellow, feathers, flute, smoke/scent; leaves
Fire - vitality, will-power, friendships; South, red, spice, guitar, candle, coals, sun; flowers
Water - feelings, psi; West, blue, potions, shells, citrus, rattle, mist, ice, H2O, moon; stems
Earth - endings, material needs, job, home; North, green, grains, stones, drum, cords; roots
Spirit - balance, soul travel; Center, purple, quartz crystal, bell, wings & flight; seeds

Jobs are earth-related so select earth associated herbs/oil, grains/beans, stones or cords as the "container". A container is what will be empowered to hold the spell.

Examples (just to get your wheels turning):

Do some kitchen magic repeating the goal-phrase to empower root veggies (earth) in a meal served to hubby.

Use earthy beans, rice, or oats & random pebbles to form a concentric circle design. Repeat the goal-phrase constantly as you make the design. Then charge & set the intent by repeating the goal-phrase as you push energy into the design you've made. Then bury beans and stones (earth) beneath a tree (trees reach into the three realms) to nurture the spell. Full moon is good time to do manifestation spells.

Or set the intent into a stone or pendant & charge it. Give it to hubby to carry/wear. Easy peasy.

If using a cord, then the nine-knot spell (see Simple Spells) could be recited. Use your goal-phrase followed by each line of the verse as a knot is tied.

Candle spells are all-purpose (see Simple Spells). Add a 3x3-inch petition paper with hubby's name & birthdate, then overwrite it with the goal-phrase. Dab with oil, & dust with earth-herbs. Charge the candle & gaze at the flame until the flame is all you see. Give thanks. Let the candle burn completely. Burn the paper.

You could combine examples: make a grid then set a candle in the center to burn completely before burying the the grid. You could design & charge the grid on a table or right the ground. You could do the 9-knot spell and wrap the string around the base of a candle. Burn the string before the candle expires. Just use what you have available to get the job done.

Work inside a simple circle if you are familiar with the practice.

Return to “Post a Spell or Ritual”