Summon the spirit of a dead person into an amulet?

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
GammaNumeric

Putting the soul of a dead person into a necklace/talisman?

Post by GammaNumeric »

I was wondering if it's possible at all to summon or guide the spirit of a deceased person into a talisman or stone for communication and guidance. If possible: any tutorials?
GammaNumeric

Summon the spirit of a dead person into an amulet?

Post by GammaNumeric »

I've been wondering if it's possible at all to conjure or summon someone's spirit in order to move/trap it in a stone/necklace/amulet/talisman for communication and guidance. If possible: how?
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Putting the soul of a dead person into a necklace/talism

Post by Xiao Rong »

Hmm, honestly that seems a bit disrespectful to the deceased. Most ancestor veneration practices do involve seeking guidance from the dead, but they do that by making offerings and showing respect, rather than binding them to serve you. With any invocation of the gods, spirits, or ancestors, one should not presume that they are at one’s beck and call. Instead, they are treated like honored guests at the ritual. (although wearing a stone or locket of them in memorial should be fine) Consider constructing an ancestor altar for them, inviting them into your home, regularly speaking to them or leaving offerings. You will find the ancestors are there for you when you need them.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Spirits generally don’t jump at the chance to be trapped inside objects :p

They will, however, teach you how to use stones for meditation, scrying, etc.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

There is a practice of making a spirit house in a space of the home. The Museum of Witchcraft in Cornwall has a hanging, macrame weaving and various other examples of spirit houses. It is inviting interaction & not capturing of a spirit - which seems like a miserable thing to do to anyone, 'specially if you want their cooperation because logically the ensnared's first guidance would be “kiss my grits.”

15th century grimoires aren't good role models.

If there's something you need special help & guidance to accomplish you have every right to demand help from your own spiritual guide &/or your higher self (however you conceive of them). Neither are slaves to whims but their obligation is already set in your favor to guide as needed without creating karmic Doo-Doo for yourself. Hey, it's an option. Keep an open mind :) .
Last edited by SpiritTalker on Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Punctuation
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Summon the spirit of a dead person into an amulet?

Post by Firebird »

Gamma your posts have been merged, there is no need to post the same question in a different forum,
Thanks.
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Corbin

Post by Corbin »

GammaNumeric wrote:I was wondering if it's possible at all to summon or guide the spirit of a deceased person into a talisman or stone for communication and guidance. If possible: any tutorials?
(personal thoughts only)

Firstly I would ask if you have had any practice 'summoning' spirits in the first place? And did you know the spirit? My experience with this kinda thing evolved from mute suppers (lots of instructions on mute (or dumb) suppers out there to get you started. The right 'atmosphere', concentration, visualisation and right 'summoning' state of mind (altered state)... Unless you have a spiritualist nature.

As for using a item to assist doing so? Sure if it is used as a foci - designed for the task / to assist in the task or holds a connective quality. As for trapping a spirit? I doubt it but then why would you want to or care to?

We assume a spirit of a thing (especially a person) has a "will" (it possibly is pure will; a thought=form) and messing about with the sovereignty of another's will enters morally dubious territory...
LC

Post by LC »

I personally wouldn’t do it. I wouldn’t want to make the spirit angry.
Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

This is a reasonably common practice in Siberian shamanism, but it is performed by the shaman and only under certain circumstances with the understanding that the spirit is not bound to the object, but only enters it at certain times...
Tylluan

Post by Tylluan »

Can I just ask why you would want to do this?

An object can you turned into a portal, but spirit entrapment has 'DON'T' written all over it. You'll never be in control, in fact its more likely to control you. How will you know you have the right spirit, and if you create a portal how will you control who enters?

I speak from experience of being born in a haunted house and growing up there till we moved when I was 19. I've been a paranormal investigator since, trying to find answers. I've joined many groups and been on many investigations. I've seen a lot of things you wouldn't want to see, mainly people with attachments who systematically destroy their own lives. Please be careful what you wish for.....you may well get it.
My soul is awakened, my spirit is soaring. And carried aloft on the wings of the breeze. For above and around me the wild wind is roaring. Arousing to rapture the earth and the seas.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”