Necromancy

Say hello and tell us a little bit about you and your interests.
beauty+rage

Necromancy

Post by beauty+rage »

Anyone have any experience with this, is it something I should even try or back away from completely?
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Re: Necromancy

Post by SpiritTalker »

Any word with "mancy" in it relates to divination. In the case of necromancy it can mean any type of practice communicating with non-corporeal spirits for the purpose of divination. Other popular uses are for guidance & instruction. One thing to keep in mind is you must work with a partner or a group simply because you can't speak to an empty room. Necromancy can be trance channeling mediumship in which a spirit uses the voice of the medium, hearing the spirit's random comments without invoking, using pendulums or the ouija board with emphasis on properly opening & closing sessions. Communicating at length with spirits takes work, respect & isn't for thrills. Not because of some zombie apocalyptic nonsense but because a person needs a strong sense of their own personal identity so as not to be overwhelmed. Dabblers dont sustain an interest for long. You learn when to say no, nope, not today. You still gotta live your own life, keep a job & interact with "live one's." But being able to help smooth the way for someone "crossing over" can be rewarding in itself.

If you feel you may have a talent for it then research and meditate about it. It's the kind of thing that follows a person & presents opportunities for experiences out of the blue. You may see, feel or hear things about people you'd rather not know...of course any empathic person deals with that...but insider info & ethics can be at odds. Ex: if you know someone is going to die, do you tell them? If so, how?

I've seen & heard spirits since child hood & started channeling in my teens, so over 50 years bcs I'm an old bat now. My family was not open to any topic of a psychic nature which was a bit of a hassle. Hope that answered your question :).
beauty+rage

Post by beauty+rage »

Yes it answered so much thank you!
barker

Post by barker »

I wrote this down earlier today:

wizardry chooses light and thinks of god
conjury chooses self and thinks of humanity
druidry chooses perfection and thinks of family
necromancy chooses intelligence and thinks of lovers
sorcery chooses peace and thinks of friends

I have gone a long way into necromancy... It is as infinite as the universe. The necromancer has to be fearless somewhere in there, it's all about death and love. Well worth it, if you love intelligent (contra wise) ways.

Return to “Member Profiles & Introductions”