Ensuring a Specific Outcome

Have a question about a spell or witchcraft/Wicca? Ask it here. Those of you who like to help others can help answer questions.
casnarl

Ensuring a Specific Outcome

Post by casnarl »

Hiya,

I am planning to ask a cute guy on a date.

Besides positive thinking that he will say yes, what other sorts of magic work could I do to ensure the greatest chance of him saying yes? I can't think of any reason for him to say no, but I'd still prefer to just make sure I've got the best odds possible.
Arianna

Re: Ensuring a Specific Outcome

Post by Arianna »

The easiest thing to do would be a spell to make him say yes. But many witches don't like imposing their will on others. If you don't feel comfortable doing that you could do a sweetening spell (like a honey jar) to encourage positive and "sweet" feelings towards you. I think the best thing to do is just be yourself and believe he will say yes and you should manifest that. But also chill out. Too much worrying can do the opposite and negative (anxious) emotions could counteract all your positive thinking. So if you're too stressed try to calm down and think about it less. Let things happen naturally!
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

I agree with not imposing your will. Ground yourself, stay positive and if you must resort to magic to make yourself feel better about the outcome cast a spell, or spells, on your self. A spell of tranquility, confidence and/or having it all together would work nicely.
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

casnarl wrote:Hiya,

I am planning to ask a cute guy on a date.
Good choice. Cute guys are cute.

My recommendation is to do Self-Empowering meditation or spell also, rather than anything else. Something to give you internal confidence and the ability to communicate clearly. Also, ask him out on a day that you’re in a good mood.
vonPfaf

Post by vonPfaf »

As a guy I can say that for me anyways being old school, I have never had a woman ask me out on a date. Perhaps say "we should have drinks and get to know eachother" or "I think you're really interesting, we should have coffee" It is less stress on you as well, then going out on a formal date, and if things go side-ways and you realize he isn't the guy you thought he was, you don't feel obligated to finish a date night, you can leave.

Also when you arrive, I know this is basic stuff everyone should do anyway, but put on clean clothes, and smell nice. Some people don't like deodorant for whatever reason, but all-natural scents and oils, are a great alternative.

Good luck.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

vonPfaf wrote:As a guy I can say that for me anyways being old school, I have never had a woman ask me out on a date. Perhaps say "we should have drinks and get to know eachother" or "I think you're really interesting, we should have coffee" It is less stress on you as well, then going out on a formal date, and if things go side-ways and you realize he isn't the guy you thought he was, you don't feel obligated to finish a date night, you can leave.

Ah well, I am pretty old school myself I've never actually asked a guy out or, or even been the first to announce feelings or anything of the sort. I've always waited for the guy to do everything. I don't even kiss first!
But I also know what I want and I'm not afraid to go after what I want, so I'm thinking it's time to break the mold and just ask. I'm really only going to ask him to get lunch on campus with me, but my hopes are that it will be a date, if only a lunch-date, so that's why I phrased it that way.

Either way, I think all of the suggestions about doing confidence work on myself rather than anything on him are good ideas, as I've already chickened out of asking a few times because I let myself think all the "what ifs". :P
vonPfaf

Post by vonPfaf »

Asking him out for a lunch on campus is a great idea.
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

Hmm, well now he's not answering me at all so I'm worried it might have been too soon. I was so sure he'd say yes, I don't know what happened :?
To be fair it's only been 7 hours so he could have been busy, but I'm not feeling as sure as I was earlier today when I asked.
barker

Post by barker »

casnarl wrote:To be fair it's only been 7 hours so he could have been busy, but I'm not feeling as sure as I was earlier today when I asked.
Eat that feeling alive!
Shekinah

Post by Shekinah »

Men enjoy the hunt and generally run when being hunted. Be charming and not obviously in pursuit. Allow natural chemistry to do as it will.
Truth and Reality are highly guarded secrets. Nothing is as it appears. "The ONENESS sleeps in the stone, breathes in the plant, dreams in the animal and awakens in man" (Indian proverb)
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

Shekinah wrote:Men enjoy the hunt and generally run when being hunted. Be charming and not obviously in pursuit. Allow natural chemistry to do as it will.
All I said was "Hey do you want to have lunch next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday?" ...Is that too hunter-ish? :?
DDS
Banned Member

Post by DDS »

Everybody is an individual about what they like. Some guys have told me they think it's the best thing sinnce sliced bread to have the female take the lead. Give the guy more than 7 hours. Needy and nervous are not attractive.
barker

Post by barker »

I've always been shown if you don't get what you want, you get something better... the correct way of putting that being, "life isn't fair, it's too fair."
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Shekinah wrote:Men enjoy the hunt and generally run when being hunted. Be charming and not obviously in pursuit. Allow natural chemistry to do as it will.
I think she was asking him to have lunch, not be lunch.
Daughter of Sekhmet
casnarl

Post by casnarl »

DDS wrote:Everybody is an individual about what they like. Some guys have told me they think it's the best thing sinnce sliced bread to have the female take the lead. Give the guy more than 7 hours. Needy and nervous are not attractive.
I know it's not. That's always a struggle for me to not let myself get all bent out of shape anxious and stuff. Sometimes gets the best of me. To me 7 hours seemed like a lot but I 'spose it's really not that long that's not even half a day.
And some people don't like to be bothered on their time off and it was Spring Break and now the weekend so maybe I'll hear from him during the week.

I'm not going to give up though! Not responding technically is not a no!! I take that as permission to ask again in a week or two.

Return to “General Questions about Wicca & Magick”