Is this a psychic ability?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
moonraingirl

Is this a psychic ability?

Post by moonraingirl »

I noticed a funny and strange thing. Sometimes when I read internet forums I hear the voice of other members.

To explain it better. I start reading a post and instead of my own voice in my head, I hear as if the person themselves is reading to me in their own voice. When I read normally, my internal voice has an accent, just like when I speak. But when I hear the voice of another person, they speak like native speakers, without an accent. Once I heard a man who had a slight speech impediment.

Once I was watching yt videos and deciding what video to click on next. And I was suddenly like oh let's watch this, I want to hear that wonderful British accent. And guess what? The person really had that accent! There was absolutely no clue that would suggest her nationality and I haven't seen her before.

This seems to be a new ability for me, it only appeard recently.
What is it? Is it a part of empathy or a separate ability?
Bychan Wulf

Re: Is this a psychic ability?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Hmm, I thought we all do this. Isn't this how the human mind works... your reading and thinking voice variating and being different than the one you have when you talk?

About guessing the accent or the voice, this could be an ability....something that helps you connect with the person through the screen. I have no idea what this is, but my 2 cents are that is is empathy related because you connect to that person and sense that the same way you sense the feelings of that person. You're upgrading! smiley_dance

PS: if you want to test your new ability, you can try it on me. I do have some speech particularities and am not afraid to talk about it ;-)
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

I only imagine other people voices when I read novels with more characters. And even that doesn't always happen. It must be a good book that I really enjoy. Otherwise I read everything with my own voice. But then i know it's just my fantasy.

It never happened on the forum line this. It was different from my fantasy because I literally heard the voice in my head.

I can't control it and it only happened several times until now. As I said it's something new for me and I can't do it with most people. What's funny is that it was on a random forum where I don't go so regularly and I have no relationship with those members. It was the first time reading their posts.

I tried to connect with you now. I can't hear your voice. And I didn't feel this problem of yours until now. So I will just guess while openly admitting that I can't hear it in the way I did hear those other people. So maybe you lisp? If that is the right word. I mean difficultly saying s, z.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I think it might be a new ability,like I said, because it looks like it's working on the same mechanism empathy does and in the end you leave with unspoken informations about the person. Give it time and see where it goes, but as I see it, it can bring no harm.

Don't worry about not being able to control it, especially because it's something new and unexplored... it will come in time. And no, I don't lisp, I can't say "R"
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
moonraingirl

Post by moonraingirl »

You're probably right about this. It will need more time to mature.
It doesn't surprise me that I didn't guess correctly because I didn't have that "natural" sense of knowing when answering.
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

I have a bit of a psychic power.

I can always tell if something is gonna go wrong no matter what it is I get it right like 90% of the time.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.
CleverlyDisguised

Post by CleverlyDisguised »

nightshroud wrote:I have a bit of a psychic power.

I can always tell if something is gonna go wrong no matter what it is I get it right like 90% of the time.
i think that one is called pessimism lol xD
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

CleverlyDisguised wrote:I think that one is called pessimism lol xD
Haha, that's mean, CD. :lol:
nightshroud

Post by nightshroud »

man that hurt cd.
The darkness is my friend for I am Nightshroud the darklord.

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”