How can I clean rainbow fluorite?

Discussion and questions about the magical properties and uses of crystals and stones.
redriver

How can I clean rainbow fluorite?

Post by redriver »

I recently got a pendulum necklace made of this stone and read that it's not waterproof. I've been scouring the webs but haven't found much, so I've just been dry-dusting it. I know there are many ways to cleanse gemstones without products, but I'm wondering if anyone knows a way to remove any grime, visible or not. Or should I just continue gently wiping it with cloth and call it good?
"... there rose to her lips always some exclamation of triumph over life when things came together in this peace, this rest, this eternity" —Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How can I clean rainbow fluorite?

Post by Firebird »

I don't think a quick swish under the water would hurt. As long as you dry it well afterwards. I've washed my fluorite. I believe the risk is to let them stand in water for long periods, that may cause them to break down. They are only a 4 on the mohs scale.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
redriver

Re: How can I clean rainbow fluorite?

Post by redriver »

That makes sense (: I'll probably go with that, thanks!
"... there rose to her lips always some exclamation of triumph over life when things came together in this peace, this rest, this eternity" —Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

Return to “Crystals and Gemstones”