What do you think of your family?

General chit chat and discussions here.
All are welcome!
Saria

What do you think of your family?

Post by Saria »

Recently I've come to a new realization on my family. My family are just a group of people I was born into and nothing more. If I left them, I wouldn't care. If one of them died, I would obviously be upset but get over it fairly easily. I fully seperate my birth family from my spiritual family.

My spiritual family I met a year back (minus a few I knew from school.) I instantly felt the spiritual/ family connection with them and to me, they are my family. They've been with me through almost all of my past lives. As a matter of fact, the only person in my birth family that I feel that connection for is my brother since he is also a part of my spiritual family.

I feel guilty that I feel that way about my actual family. I mean I love my family but I seriously don't think we have anything deeper other than being born into the same group in this lifetime. They have no deeper connection with me.

Does anyone else feel the same way? What do you think of your family?
In the land of twilight under the moon...
fatalism

Post by fatalism »

I am extremely fond of my family despite having a lot of big issues with them. I think that family is a very special thing, because it is the only group of people you will always be associated with no matter what. Even if you become a mass murderer, you will still know that you have something that counts as a 'family' just by value of DNA and bloodline. This connection, if raised with love, is very powerful.

As for 'magical families,' I do have one of sorts, though they are mostly mentors. I have one figure whom I call 'mums.' She's actually an extremely horny, bisexual woman in her early thirties who specializes in high magick. She has a 'habit' of collecting liberal magicians as students (I have a 'little brother' who is a 'Satanist,' he and I don't get along at all, I'd even say that he's insufferable). My 'pops' is a laidback chaote and Setian with an online occult store (I don't remember the url).

Other members of my 'magical family' include a chaote in Florida who works mostly with possession and Brazillian and Voodou gods and another chaote who is a class A goof/mnemonic terrorist.
"Nothing is True; Everything is Permitted"

Return to “For Everyone”