Do energetic vampires exist?

Questions and discussions about psychic ability, mediumship, channeling, automatic writing, clairvoyance, clairaudience, clairsentience, dream premonitions, telepathy, empathic/empathetic ability.
Bychan Wulf

Do energetic vampires exist?

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Hy! I'm not sure if that's the right section. Please let me know if I should move it to another one. I'm still getting used around here.:)
The problem I have,is that I think my best friend is a energetic vampire or something like that.
Since I was little,I could always comfort people. Whenever someone was feeling sad, depressed or was crying, I felt an impulsive need to go and help. I'm a little antisocial, and really shy and also not very good at saying the right words when needed. I've never had many friends and people don't usually come to me unless they have such a problem, even if they don't know me. That's what I couldn't actually understand...just by sitting by the side of the sad/depressed person and holding their hand or hugging them,always made them feel better. (which I considered my super power) Besides the fact that hugging is proved to reduce stress, they always felt unexpectedly better,no matter how serious their problem was. I also felt weakened and tired after doing this to people, but I thought it was just because of the fact that I am not very comfortable with people holding my hand, hugging or kissing me. I always considered these as my way of expressing my most powerful feelings, but once I started high-school I understood it was something else. In the ninth grade, I met this girl who is now my best friend and she was always hidden in a corner,ready to attack and feared opening herself to others. Something just pushed me to talk to her and try to help her integrate. Since the beginning, I felt that she was like taking something from me. At first, I was happy to know that when she leaned her head on my shoulder, she was recharging (that's what she said) and that I could actually help her. In the next 2 years, other friends said the same and whenever they feel sick, tired or sad, they come to me and ask me to hold them for a few minutes or just let them lean their head on my shoulder. I am OK with that too, because after such a session I had time to recharge. When more than one person was taking energy from me (that's how I define this) I always felt the need to go home and sleep or just spend time with pets or any kind of animal.
This year, it's our last high-school year and everybody is extremely stressed. I somehow managed to keep a positive attitude. The same people as in the last year take energy,but something is different: my best friend is taking more than before. She doesn't need the contact any more and I can actually feel her take it. Since the beginning of the year, I'm extremely tired,weak and can'take concentrate any more. I didn't panic until the head rushes started to appear.I am sure I have no medical condition that would make me feel that way. Another reason that I think she might do this is that when she is not at school(I hate that because she is my best friend and I love her) I don't feel so weak and the head rushes don't appear any more. I didn't give much thought to that until now,when I read more about things like these. Am I crazy? Are people able to do that?
And if that's possible,how can I make it stop. Talking to her won't work as she doesen't believe in magic and this kind of stuff and I'm sure she doesn't even realise she can do it. Can I do something to protect myself without hurting her? I love her (only as a friend) and I'm grateful I could help her with her weakness and social problems and I'must still up to this,but I have some important exams coming soon and I can't concentrate on them as I come home extremely tired every day and the only thing I need is sleep,not even food.
Please help!
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
Deerstep

Re: Do energetic vampires exist?

Post by Deerstep »

Hmm....
It sounds to me like you have an energy leak going on.

Empaths radiate positive energy, and are sensitive to energy changes around them. I think that "giving" so much has punched a couple of holes in your "shield" and it's starting to leak. This leaked energy is then absorbed and taken up by the people around you. Like the membrane of a cell taking on or expelling salts and other things. To me, it sounds as if the stress from the school year, and the support and energy you've been sending to your friends is starting to wear on you a little.

If you can, such as on a weekend, take a few days away from people. Ask your parents if you could spend the night somewhere quiet and isolated so you can try and repair the damage to your shield. Just take some time alone and give yourself some space. If you can't, do a cleansing bath ritual. Incense, salts and oils, candles, music, lights off, the works.
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

Thank you for the advice! So that means that I'm an Empath?
"The strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack" - Rudyard Kippling ⛤
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

Read the topics on psychic shielding and armor shielding on the forum. These are 2 very well done discussions. Maybe if a moderator catches this they would please put in the links.

Some energy vampires don't realize what they are doing, only that they feel good around certain other people. Empath's are like a a delicatessen. Remember to ground yourself on the exhales and recharge on the inhales when you see one of them headed your way, as a pre-emptive strike. You know who they are. They're the people who suck the air out of a room, the dramatist, the mosquito at the picnic of life.

And with your gift of comforting, I'd say the empathic word fits.
Bychan Wulf

Post by Bychan Wulf »

I read something about bracelets made out of red thread and the blue/Turkish eye. Would something like that be useful after I repair my shield?
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

SpiritTalker wrote:Read the topics on psychic shielding and armor shielding on the forum. These are 2 very well done discussions. Maybe if a moderator catches this they would please put in the links.
Is it this one?
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 27796.html
not sure which other one you are refering to.
If you can give me the exact title I could pop it in here.
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

@ BW ... If you understand their meaning, so it resonates from your mind, yes. To just wear a piece of string and a bead? I suppose there would be some minor psychological assistance.

To me, a Red Thread is the blood line, the network of one's ancestors giving protection, and the blue bead is like an all-seeing eye. Blue is a color with many powerful associations, and a high vibration, and is the color of the throat chakra, as in a voice of command ... ... at any rate that's my take on it, but I'm not Turkish so it may mean something else to a native of the country the charm comes from.

@FBF ... Yes,that's one. the other is Armor Shielding and Dealing with Negatives. Thx.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p244389
Yikes ...I looked all around, those words did not come up together, except in this thread :lol:
Maybe the above is what you're speaking of Spirit?
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:

Return to “Psychic Ability, Precognitive Dreams, Empathy”