Be ready...

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
T'a Nuk

Be ready...

Post by T'a Nuk »

Samhain approaches, the days shorten, the veil thins, and everywhere posers and wannabes with just enough knowledge of lore and ritual head to the deep places and graveyards and INTENTIONALLY attempt to raise negative power. Often, sadly, they succeed without their knowledge of doing so thinking it was just fun 'playing witch'. Some of them know what they are doing and for whatever reason they think is good enough, open the door best left closed.

Let's keep our protective spells strong, our intentions good, and eyes open. Perhaps even a bit of a proactive approach is a fine thought. I have been making Rowan crosses since Midsummer and will do so until Yule. I give them away like fresh cookies. If nothing else it is a good way to keep our amulet crafting skills strong, besides, they are kind of pretty.

Blessed Be my friends.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Be ready...

Post by SnowCat »

Anyone with questions, please read the San Luis Valley thread. It really happened, and it was a case of two teenaged girls who knew just enough to be dangerous.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

San Luis Valley?

Could you link it, I'm having trouble finding it.

This will be my first Samhain as a witch. I was planning on attending an open circle with a small coven near my town, but I wanted to try something special to honor the dead. I work in healthcare, and I wanted to do offerings for some of my patients who passed away this year.

But, as you said, I'm afraid of botching it up and letting something really nasty loose without meaning to. Advice?
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

Have positive energy and love in your heart, whatever you do under this is 'correct'. There are no penalties for fumbling a chant or making a misstep in an honest ritual if your intentions are of the light. The scary thing is that there are those wishing to release discordant vibrations. It does nothing to honor those who came before and ends up causing a lot of defensive work. Think about it. This is a time that is conducive to reaching to the other side for all the best reasons. There are those however who either do not grasp the solemnity of the season or those who have negative intent and practice dark rituals. Meditate and honor the Deities as often as possible, burn cleansing incense, walk in nature and project love for the gifts it provides, cast a protective spell every night, get together with a favorite partner and practice some of our more intimate and enjoyable rituals, in the woods if you can. Get the most from the season by rejoicing in the traditions and spreading beautiful energy.
Blessed Be
Deerstep

Post by Deerstep »

Thanks, T'a Nuk. :)
"You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are." ~Lewis Carroll
T'a Nuk

Post by T'a Nuk »

You are very welcome! I hope you find your first Samhain to be joyous, exciting, and spiritually fulfilling.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

Deerstep wrote:San Luis Valley?

Could you link it, I'm having trouble finding it.

This will be my first Samhain as a witch. I was planning on attending an open circle with a small coven near my town, but I wanted to try something special to honor the dead. I work in healthcare, and I wanted to do offerings for some of my patients who passed away this year.

But, as you said, I'm afraid of botching it up and letting something really nasty loose without meaning to. Advice?
Use the search function and type in San Luis Valley.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
WitchyWhitney

Post by WitchyWhitney »

I still can not find it either.
SpiritTalker
Banned Member

Post by SpiritTalker »

One thing to remember when we reach out to honor ancestors or link to memories of others, is we have opened doors. Be sure to close doors after the visit is done. Saying so helps do that, or imagining a door closing.
Like the old, really old, song says...you've got to accent the positive and eliminate the negative, and don't mess with Mr. in-between. smiley_dance (y'know, I think I remember singing that along with the original Mickey Mouse Club.)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

It's a sticky on this forum topic.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 29450.html
Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson