The Peace and Love Moon

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Kassandra

Re: The Peace and Love Moon

Post by Kassandra »

For those who might be interested in a more energy healing approach, see this post for a cool video: http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... ml#p250204

Earth pranic healing.jpg
Note at about the 5-minute mark, there is an example of using a "Twin Hearts Meditation" to visualize sending healing energy to the entire planet.

If you are a reiki person, please feel free to work with your symbols, as you were trained, to assist visualization and energy direction, etc.

For others, please note you do not need to know symbols or be a reiki master, etc. EVERYONE HAS THE ABILITY TO AFFECT AND DIRECT ENERGY. We’ve all done it, and have continued to do it, since the day we were born. It is a natural ability all us humans have. You just need to use your mind and focus, that’s all.

Sometimes you won’t see immediate results, and that’s OK. When a group works together like this, on problems so large in scale, involving so many souls, the results might not be immediate, but may have to be cumulative, manifesting over time. This is like how on an individual level, when we take a medication, it doesn’t work completely if we take one pill. Usually, we must make the medication build up in our systems, accumulate, before it could be effective.

Thanks for participating. Your planet needs you!! smileylove

Since corvidus has started this heart/peace sign/sigil/thought form, I'm going to reinforce it and draw one up myself, and incorporate it into the other aspects of my working.

Thanks.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Had thought of using henna to paint ourselves up with, maybe a heart on the chest and a peace sign on the third eye? Though, maybe red ochre would be easier. I do have woad though, that might work well with the blue theme.

Kassandra, yes energy! It's all about the energy.and now our combined energies!
By setting up grids or altars even permanent shrines we enforce those groves of goodwill within our brain... that feel good effect, oxytocin, is secreted in our bodies and the love/peace egrgore gets it's dose of feel good energy thereby expanding to push back the fear some. Seems this should be a process or practice that can or should be incorporated into every circle every month.
I believe the egregore of love/peace flourished for a time in the 60's, it may have been the tip of the iceberg. But it would seem global warming has even chiseled away some at love/peace.
When Goddess flourished on earth love was much more fluid, a woman was unto her ownself and sex was not a crime or a sin.

Within the circle I think we will make that peace/love sigil (like the wooden one Corvidus posted), on the ground with corn meal. Probably at each quarter.

Tonight the night! Feel the love!
Glad to see so many of us on board for this!
See you all on the astral
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Ethereal Moon Rose

Post by Ethereal Moon Rose »

I'm so glad I found this.

i'll definitely be lighting a candle and asking for peace tomorrow.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

I will be praying to Guanyin for love and compassion tonight for this ritual.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Well, I think it went rather well on my side. :)

I would be interested in doing it regularly at the full moon, because I've though of some variations I want to try out.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

corvidus wrote: I would be interested in doing it regularly at the full moon, because I've thought of some variations I want to try out.
me too!

We decided to do a scaled down sort of version every moon in addition to whatever else is on the menu. We had also formed a fetch that was inspired by the bird Albion. A white dove to carry the peace message around the world, he will return next moon to be recharged.
The ritual went really really well even though we had a new girl who had never stood in circle before.
We made prayer flags to take home (air) drew sigils like the peace heart Corvidus presented at each quarter (earth) drank water infused with peace type herbs (water) then lit a powder blue candle (fire) and sent our peaceful meditation energy off in a cone of power (ether/spirit).
I'd really like to thank everyone who contributed and participated in this work. We can make a change smiley_dance
many many peaceful loving blessings!,
Firebird

Wish I could post a pic of the sigil, but still having trouble there :?
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Wow, that's amazing, ff. Your coven really does it up when you do it, don't ya'll! smiley_dance

firebirdflys wrote:By setting up grids or altars even permanent shrines we enforce those groves of goodwill...thereby expanding to push back the fear some.
I like the permanent shrine idea. When I read it, I imagined a "peace grove" outdoors somewhere consisting of a group of plants (indigenous to whatever the location is) arranged together, that is an unspoken peace shrine, unmarked, just "oddly" serene whenever one is present there. Maybe at most some wind chimes there, but not much else. Just the plants, and the vibe. People might bring gifts there like flowers, or not. And I say unmarked because when humans start getting into language and imagery, it is our tendency to start bickering, and the peace shrine becomes a war shrine.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Ha ha! Yes, go all out at the moon and holidays :fairy:
We are much more lax at dark moon, it's a more informal learning kind of setting.
I really wanted to put the corn meal pic, but my device just won't let me.

The shrine I have is already up, it's also the pet cemetery. It's sort of an outdoor tearoom with plants and a bistro set for doing outdoor card readings, a cast iron tub, and some various sculpture. I will hang the prayer flags in there.

I really like the idea of finding places in nature, yet letting them remain unmarked. A single floral offering would say alot in a discreet way.
This other idea you have probably seen around. I think is a great way to make minimal markings/symbols in a natural setting. My favorite health food market/restaurant has one of these in the front of their business http://www.peacepoles.com/

May peace prevail on Earth

Bb, peaceprevailbird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:May peace prevail on Earth
Indeed.

I like the idea of the bistro being a peace place, one underlying theme might be, what one "ingests" there, etc. And I like the idea of the pet spirits who were laid to rest being there, too. I think there's no where else they'd rather be, than remembered every day with visual reminders, by the people who loved them most.

Here's more on the Peacepole people. Sometimes someone's peacefulness-provoking idea sparks others, and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrorYMLV6wU

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

The love peace sigil
The love peace sigil
IT WORKED!! (That I successfully transfered the pic, as I type the screen is making black patches and blipping out, what's happening? )

Peace Out
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Ha kool, looks good!
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Children meditating for world peace - July 31, 2016 article.
5000 schools together. 1 million ‪‎children‬ meditating for world ‪‎peace‬ at the Phra Shammakaya Temple of ‪‎Thailand‬.
I like to think it was started here ;)
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

What a wonderful sight! Thank you for finding this Corvidus.
I see it is an annual event, ....would like to implement a similar thing in our school systems, but because of church and state seperation, may have to approach it from a different angle.
Very inspiring to see children all with their own lamps of light. :fairy:
Bb, Firebird
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
corvidus

Post by corvidus »

Tomorrow is another full moon. I'll be sending some good vibrations into/outof my 'peacelove' symbol again, Thursday night, the 18th.
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

You're a consistent fellow.

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”