Vivid dream or something more?

Dreams, dream interpretation, sleep paralysis, night terrors, hearing voices, vibrations, etc.
nicola

Vivid dream or something more?

Post by nicola »

The majority of my dreams tend to be incredibly vivid and a lot have been proven to be dreams of future events. I am used to these and they now seem like normality.

My confusion lies mainly in a particular dream experience a few months back. (unsure what's relevant so I'll list as much as I can remember)

The dream started with myself in a school type building, running around and going from room to room (quite a regular thing in my recent dreams) I met somebody who warned me of a coming battle and sent me to meet a woman who lived in some sort of tower block. She looked like your typical movie representation of a gypsy fortune teller, only in darker attire with a slightly gothic twist. She taught me how to tap into my inner power, how to use the wind in a more powerful way and how to use knowledge that I apparently already hold on how to fight and defend myself.
I left her and met with a group of people dressed up in what I imagine is typical larping battle outfits, I was given my own to change into along with a sword and shield, we walked to a large field where we stood facing an army of people dressed in similar attire along with what i think were orcs on the other side of the field.
Instantly my eyes were drawn to the only inividual on the opposing team that I know in reality (he is a friend that I fell in love with when I met him 7 years ago, we had an instant spiritual bond and I have recently discovered he was an important part of the same past life of which myself and my partner have realised our own love and spiritual bond comes from. I have not spoken with the friend in question in around 4 years but we still say hi etc on the rare occasions we bump into each other)
The battle started (intense larping, no actual violence etc) myself and my friend only fought each other and all felt like a lucid dream. Suddenly a large beast came onto the field, a huge inside out (muscles exposed) cross between a ram and a bull. My friend held me in his arms, we stared at the beast as everyone fled. All of a sudden our surroundings changed, everything was brighter and felt like reality, we were dressed as normal, in the middle of a normal field and a confused looking ram stood in place of the beast. My friend and I looked at each other confused and as if in joint realisation agreed we had been larping in the astral plane. I started to feel a bit too confused and woke up (as I usually do when things get too much)

I had assumed this was just one of my usual, regular vivid dreams that I tend to have if I start to think I've forgotten him... Nothing more to it. But then a few days ago myself and my partner were shopping and the friend in question happened to bump into us, he stopped to say hello to my partner and our daughter (I was stood a bit further down the aisle looking at treats) then as he walked toward me he noticed me and had a look of confusion and realisation on his face, I had the instant feeling that he'd had the same dream. He paused, said hello, asked how I am and walked past to the tills, his reaction was completely different to any other time I've seen him.

Now I don't believe I have current feelings for him, but I know we still share a bond. Is it possible that this may have been more than a dream and that he may have experienced the same thing? And if his is possible, is there a way I could know for sure that that's what it was and also be more aware and in control if it happens again?

If anyone can help me with this I'll be truly greatful :)
Life is life, don't worry about it, just go with it, be happy and treat the entire earth as your home because that's what it is, make it the place you can be proud to call home :)

Return to “Dreaming and Sleep”