Spirit Animals?

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
EmberWolf

Spirit Animals?

Post by EmberWolf »

Hey everyone! So lately I've been thinking a lot about spirit animals, and I wanted to know what you guys think on the subject. I personally believe in spirit animals, but I don't feel like they're completely different entities like some do, but rather they're part of someone. Like, for instance, I'm super positive that my spirit animal is a wolf, because, as my name implies, I'm really drawn to wolves and dogs. I also think because of this spirit animals can show in one's appearance, and again as an example, my canines are much longer and sharper than the rest of my teeth, like a wolf's. Another example, my boyfriend's spirit animal is a turtle, and he himself acts like a turtle, he's physically slow and just kind of chill. So what are all of your thoughts on the subject?
I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and, next to Nature, Art:
I warm'd both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart.
corvidus

Re: Spirit Animals?

Post by corvidus »

I agree with the general idea you're presenting.

From my experience, a 'spirit animal' is a symbolic representation of your subconscious, anamalistic energy. We are animals, after all.

Generally there is one you most identify with, then there are others which arise as 'messengers' in order to teach important lessons. There are also 'spirit animals' which represent our negative qualities, usually something we fear (arachnophobia, for example). In the end, they're all there to help we spirits process and understand our manifestation in physical form.
EmberWolf

Post by EmberWolf »

Yes, exactly! I was trying to figure out the wording of what I meant, and "symbolic representation of our subconscious" is perfect.
I strove with none, for none was worth my strife.
Nature I loved and, next to Nature, Art:
I warm'd both hands before the fire of life;
It sinks, and I am ready to depart.
WiccanWitch

Post by WiccanWitch »

I would be largely a cat of some sort, I think. I tend to bond with them quite well and act in many ways like they do. Enjoy my solitude but when I want attention I want it, etc. :) I don't know how people determine their spirit animals. I'm pretty sure it's not by a quiz on Facebook. Haha. But I've also heard it said they change as our needs in life change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”