Cleansing my work space

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
LadyRosemary

Cleansing my work space

Post by LadyRosemary »

Today I did a simple meditation at my new altar with just a candle and a simple chant asking the goddess to help guide me in my journey. It is the first time I have done anything in the room I have set my altar up in. As I was meditating I became less focused on my chant and felt more and more like I needed to turn around or something bad would happen to me. It was a very uncomfortable feeling like there was a presence that was unhappy by what I was doing. The presence felt male and dark. I don't think anything happened in my house as it is a fairly new build (2007) and the only other owners were a couple with two kids. However, I don't know if anything happened on the land or if the presence was drawn to my projection of energy. I want my space to feel safe. As I am just getting back into the craft, is there something fairly simple (I'm not trying to get into anything too complicated yet) that I can do to cleanse this area? Thank you for any help that can be provided.
"A witch can only function properly as healer & protector when she truly understands how fragile humans are. To walk the path of the wise is to sacrifice every sense of entitlement"
Siona

Re: Cleansing my work space

Post by Siona »

Most forms of cleansing are pretty simple. :) Cleasing a space with sage smoke is pretty popular among many pagans, but other incense can be used as well - frankincense, rosemary, sandalwood, and others. You can also used some salt mixed in water, ad sprinkle that around the room. Cleansing with sound is another method, use a bell, singing bowl, or even bang pots and pans. The ancient Greeks even used barley as a purifier, by sprinkling it on the area/object to be purified. Some also put a pinch of salt in each corner of the room before workings to keep anything nasty away. Lots and lots of different methods, use whatever makes the most sense to you.
TwilightDancer

Post by TwilightDancer »

A good alternative to traditional sage is to get a spray bottle with a mist setting. Fill it with water and mix a little Rosemary in and spritz it a few times in each room.

This meathod is one of my favorites because you can add anything you want to the water: herbs, stones, the possibilities are endless.

A good tip is to put your herbs in a tea bag inside the bottle so they don't clog it.

Hope that helps. :D
Lady stir your cauldron well, chant your words and sing your spell
Come and taste of the cauldron's brew and magic she will give to you

TwilightDancer's Book of Shadows
LadyRosemary

Post by LadyRosemary »

Update on this: I wanted to make sure my home was nice and clean before cleansing, so I began to clean up after the kids went to bed. The room I am using for my altar and workspace is upstairs in the bonus room and is the only other room besides the big open space my kids use as a play room. As a general rule we don't worry too much about them keeping it spotless up there as visitors do not have to see the space. Well tonight, I decided there was no way I could cleanse the space without this area being cleaned. So I began to clean the room and as I did, I felt an overwhelming sense of happiness that I absolutely know is coming from the presence I feel upstairs. So I thought to myself, okay he just wants the place cleaned up! So I pick up the upstairs and it's starting to get late, so I go into my workspace and unpack, clean, and cleanse the new items I got from the thrift store and the dollar store today. Everything still felt alright when I was unpacking everything and when I cleaned it. The presence still felt happy. However, as soon as I began to cleanse my items, the presence immediately felt angry and upset like he was last night. I finished my cleansing of my new tools and immediately got out of there. Once I was downstairs the feeling left. In fact, I can't really feel the presence downstairs at all. I will definitely be cleansing the area, I just have a little more cleaning I want to do (mop the floors, clean the windows). Also, my husband is at work and I kind of want him to be with me when I do this as I am a little afraid of the reaction I will get when I begin to cleanse the house.
"A witch can only function properly as healer & protector when she truly understands how fragile humans are. To walk the path of the wise is to sacrifice every sense of entitlement"
Myrth

Post by Myrth »

Did the presence appear after you brought items from the thrift shop?
Myrth
LadyRosemary

Post by LadyRosemary »

Myrth wrote:Did the presence appear after you brought items from the thrift shop?
No it was there before. However my husband is an antique dealer so there is constantly things moving in and out of my house from thrift stores. I am honestly not really sure I can cleanse everything that comes in and out. The other thing is that our neighbor across the street (a super devout Christian) passed away a few weeks ago. So part of me wonders if that could have something to do with it as well. Tonight I cleansed my upstairs area complwtwly and cast a circle afterwards, performed a ritual, and am now sitting in that room with no negative feelings. Tomorrow I will cleanse the downstairs area while my kids are awake so I can get their bedrooms as well.

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”