Would this oil be safe for skin and bath?

Make your own oils, incense, dream pillows, teas, aromatics, magickally charged bath salts, candles, soap, yummy pagan holiday treats, and more!
Ivy Amethyst

Would this oil be safe for skin and bath?

Post by Ivy Amethyst »

It is basically just essential oils and almond oil base. I'm thinking of selling but I don't want to cause any rashes.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Would this oil be safe for skin and bath?

Post by Firebird »

People are alergic to the strangest things. Almond oil base should be fine. I think as long as you list ingredients, then it us up to the consumer to be responsible for what they put on their skin.
I ran into an issue while shopping for a stone today. This store had some oils on the shelf and they were listed as "essential oils" but I could tell right away just but they way they were packaged and priced that they were fragrance oils and Not essential at all, well they may have contained some portion of essential oil, but they were in no way pure. Certainly not safe to ingest (not all ES oils should be considered for food use) and not pure if you are making something for use in magic with a high vibration, like anointing.
Anyway, I don't really care for the store because I have caught him miss representing the stones he sells too. Today there was carnelian in the moonstone bin. I told his employee, who was as dismissive as his boss. Pfst...wish there was another resource near me. Sorry bout the rant...my point is, do your reaserch.
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 24286.html

Bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Vendredi

Post by Vendredi »

Definitely like Firebird says do your research.

I also think, once you've done that, you should be willing to test it out on yourself, too. And perhaps a willing friend or two.

And disclaimers are your friends. And records of feedback.
Ivy

Post by Ivy »

It would all depend on the essential oils and the amount used, be careful.

Return to “Kitchen Magick & Witch Crafts”