Happy Thanksgiving!

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Xiao Rong »

Not exactly a Sabbat, but still a holy day nonetheless -- it's Thanksgiving! (at least in the US, anyways).

I am hosting dinner at my place for the first time ever. The turkey is in the oven, and friends will be over soon.

How about you all -- how are you celebrating Thanksgiving? Hope you are having a great time, with loved ones and delicious food.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Becks

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by Becks »

Happy Thanksgiving my American friends. Lots of love and abundance to you all. I love to awknowledge the wealth from the earth and I appreciate any time that encourages mindfulness and gratitude. I would also like to awknowledge the First People's upon whose land live. Híswke siem-"Thank you with deep respect" said in the language of the Coast Salish People who live where I live.

Blessings all! :flyingwitch:
RosieMoonflower
EUTM Support
EUTM Support

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Post by RosieMoonflower »

Hello! Happy Thanksgiving! Even though I recognize the hypocrisy of Thanksgiving (commemorating when native Americans shared their food with European settlers and saved their lives, when Americans would eventually take over their entire land and all but wipe out their people) I still celebrate with family and turkey. And, my family even has some Native American ancestry! But, let's be honest, it's a great time to get together with the family. Everybody has the day off, plus turkey is just absolutely amazing and any excuse to fry one is okay in my book. My fiancé and I spent all afternoon at my grandmother's with other family gathered and had a lot of food and good conversation!

Saw many of my cousins who I haven't seen much lately because we all have our own lives now. It's strange to think that one day my grandmother will be gone and and we'll be the adults and be in charge of the gathering. Even if I have to host, which means my annoying aunt staying with us likely, I want to make sure that our Thanksgiving tradition of getting together that side of the family continues.

Hope everyone else had a wonderful day with family and food!

Rosie

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”