What is the symbolism with Eagles?

Discussion about pets, familiars, animal totems, animal spirits, pet ghosts, and more. All animal talk, crazy and normal, is welcome here.
Sakura Blossom

What is the symbolism with Eagles?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I saw a total of three today while driving and I've never seen them before. One was on the way to drop my parrot off at his baby sitters then I saw two land in the middle of the road right in front of me on the way home. I had to stop driving so I didn't hit them. Any ideas as to what this could possibly mean? Three is a very significant number for me so I'm curious about the meaning of Eagles.

Thank you! Sorry I can't say much more right now. I'm currently mobile.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Sakura Blossom

Re: What is the symbolism with Eagles?

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Also, and sorry for making another post of this it's easier while being mobile, I just saw another one so there are four I have seen today. As I saw the fourth one and Irish song came on my playlist. I asked my deities to show me anything Irish when I'm on the right track with something. So seeing four Eagles today and hearing an Irish song during one of them really makes me think that the powers that be want me to know something. Haha.
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Think about the birds ability to soar so high above the clouds one can loose sight of it. The bird has great vision and can see things we cannot...From this perspective it is possible to see the bigger picture or to view it from a different angle. It is also thought the bird is about the only creature that in it's flying so high is surly able to touch the ether and the world of spirit and is therefore a messenger to the Gods.
Four of them could represent something foundational or perhaps a spiritual message from the four quarters ...or for some other reason they are alerting you to the number 4 look out for something happening in fours.

Bright blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

Thank you, that's a good point! When I was reading online (aside from the obvious "Freedom" association) it kept talking about taking on A LOT but being okay with it and also guardian/protection came up. There was power, and some other things that I can't remember. I'm going to have to look into this more because I just found something out that's really interesting:

My sister had a dream that I had to stop driving and there was a giant eagle in the middle of the road.

So I feel as though the powers are REALLY wanting me to get the message on something, that they're going so far as to reach out to my sister about it.

I've got to pay closer attention now and figure out what the heck this is supposed to mean to me. Haha.

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

This is so weird. I had a vivid dream a few nights ago about finding a nest full of baby eagles, and also looking for their parents ...
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

What the heck is up with eagles right now?! Haha. I found some really interesting information about it, which was this:

Eagle Symbolism

- Fly Higher, you're about to take flight. You're about to start your true path and begin what you're meant to do.
- Don't stick to the status quo
- Opportunity, protection, power, insight.
- Have courage to achieve your goals. Reach higher and become more than you think you're capable of.
- Good fortune/Victory coming your way
- Healing

Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

NO WAY! I just saw a picture of big light brown eagle flying in the sky (cut from a magazine page) yesterday. What made the eagle picture appearance strange was that I'm on the second floor of my client's building which is a by the way, a beauty and anti-aging company. Although it could be that someone brought it up there for some reason, it's quite unlikely that a picture would show itself to me.

Then as soon as I came home last night, I checked out my Holland's Grimoire of Magickal Correspondences to gather more information I could add to our spell in the Bubbling Cauldron Activity and when I looked at the terms "Intuition and Perception", the animal associated with them is "eagle".
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
Becks

Post by Becks »

That's truly an amazing correspondence!

Where I come from the eagle is a crest of peace, of power, prestige, and deep respect. Eagle down is spread to consecrate the space before important ceremonies. The power eagle embodies is the kind of gentle leadership....it's the kind that comes from quiet knowing and leading through careful example. An eagle leader can lead because she or he has a keen insight and understanding of the roles because he or she has probably done them. Eagle is not boastful, and its ability to soar high allows it to commune with the divine. Eagle feathers are sacred to many First Nations groups and if you have ever been to a powwow where a feather has fallen from regalia you will know it is a big deal...there is a whole other ceremony for putting that right. You will never see the feathers dire spectre.

Eagles are known for their amazing vision and clarity. Most birds are tetrochromats....meaning they can have another kind of cone in the retina of their eye, and can see another dimension of colour on the spectrum that we do not. Some birds of prey can even see into the uv spectrum and detect faint glowing trails of phosphorus in small mammal urine....how's that for vision?!

No wonder we attribute the gift of foresight and vision to the eagle.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Oh to be able to see rat chem trails :lol:
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Becks

Post by Becks »

I know right!? I'm not the biggest fan of the rodent set either....they are important in the ecosystem, but away from me!

Return to “Animals and Pets”