Invisibility spell or ward?

If you'd like to share a spell or ritual or start your own online Book of Shadows, feel free to do so here.
Binglian

Invisibility spell or ward?

Post by Binglian »

I went to some of the posts on this forum, and saw people talking about invisibility ward when doing a ritual outside to prevent strangers from intervening the ritual. I saw one person (sorry I forgot the her/his name) taking about making some invisibility wards so effective that one girl who is late are unable to find their locations.

I try to search it for the actual spell, but have little luck. Could anyone share with me with this spell?

Thanks
Vesca

Re: Invisibility spell or ward?

Post by Vesca »

I've never heard of such a spell before and short of a glamor, I'm hesitant to put much merit in the claims of these invisibility wards.

Sometimes people make claims that aren't entirely based in reality for a variety of reasons, and it's a good skill to learn to take some of these claims with a grain of salt. Or at least wait on your belief of those claims until they present you with some hard proof.
Heartsong

Post by Heartsong »

Like Vesca, I'm also unfamiliar with anything like an invisibility ward (outside of Harry Potter, at any rate), and I have my doubts that they'd actually work if they're out there. If there's a concern about being interrupted during a ritual, or if you'd rather not be seen, then it'd be wise, I think, to take the time to do a bit of scouting beforehand, especially if the privacy of your own home is not an option. Check out the lay of the land. Is a road or sidewalk visible? Are there trees or underbrush? Is there a lot of foot traffic in the area? Is there an outdoor building that a lot of people frequent? How crowded is it at night versus in the daytime? What's the weather going to be like the day/night of your ritual? Does the weather affect foot traffic?

Don't forget to check out the local wildlife too, particularly if you live in an area with any aggressive or venomous critters.
Dance like the Maiden
Laugh like the Mother
Think like the Crone
redrumdog4

Post by redrumdog4 »

What I learned from my digging and research is that "invisibility" spells are more...misleading if anything.
Instead of making the object or person disappear it makes it where the the unwanted viewers seem to kinda look over them. Not noticed them in a sense.
You know how when you lost something and you spend forever looking for it and it's been sitting right in your face the whole time? Or that one house you pasted daily and just never really saw it...?
I believe they work something like that.

But that's my opinion from the result of asking around and text research.
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

redrumdog4 wrote:What I learned from my digging and research is that "invisibility" spells are more...misleading if anything.
Instead of making the object or person disappear it makes it where the the unwanted viewers seem to kinda look over them. Not noticed them in a sense.
You know how when you lost something and you spend forever looking for it and it's been sitting right in your face the whole time? Or that one house you pasted daily and just never really saw it...?

That's about what I meant by a glamour spell. ^^ Glad someone else explained that better than I did.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Binglian, I think that was me that talked about posting a ward and a long time visitor of our sacred spot was unable to find the place?
It's like redrum said it's more of a shield that makes a person or place un-noticeable rather than invisible.
bb, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
redrumdog4

Post by redrumdog4 »

Vesca wrote:
redrumdog4 wrote:What I learned from my digging and research is that "invisibility" spells are more...misleading if anything.

That's about what I meant by a glamour spell. ^^ Glad someone else explained that better than I did.
Ah! I wasn't sure if they were the same but now I know! Thanks. ♡♡♡
Vesca

Post by Vesca »

Glamour is basically a kind of subconscious illusion you paste over yourself (or an item, or a space, etc...) to make it appear as slightly different. Less interesting, scarier, prettier, more interesting, etc...

I think the concept is neat, and I've heard useful in some situations. :)
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

firebirdflys wrote:it's more of a shield that makes a person or place un-noticeable rather than invisible.
bb, Firebird
Yes, it isn't literally making oneself physically invisible, Binglian. I think of this genre of spells as being akin to an electronic "scrambling" device. So, rather than thoughts about a person going directly to them, and directly affecting the person, those thoughts instead get distracted and "land" other places, if you know what I mean. These spells can be used in a self-protective way. I think firebirdfly's example is an excellent one (where was that post, anyway? I'll try to find it). Maybe another way to look at these spells is that they are like making a post-hypnotic suggestion.

Xiao Rong
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xiao Rong »

Sounds like it's basically a perception filter from Doctor Who.
~ Xiao Rong ~ 小蓉 ~ Little Lotus ~
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Yes, a "perception filter," where the spell caster defines the nature of that perception, where that perception could be...
Vesca wrote:Less interesting, scarier, prettier, more interesting, etc...
or have any of a plethora of other characteristics to it, imagination is the limit.

And there is a command element to this sort of spell work, which some practitioners may find objectionable. You are affecting someone else's perception of reality, whether they like it or not, and without their knowing it. But then again, I've heard of it used, say, as a spell placed on a child's backpack (via a ribbon or a stuffed animal, enchanted first, then attached) to make the child "invisible" and therefore safe as she walks to school, warding away potential child molesters/abductors. I've also heard of it used to keep a child from getting mixed up in nonsense when visiting his chaotic divorced parent's house. So a working one witch may find objectionable, another may find practical, a responsible thing to do, even.

I am rather ashamed to say I resorted to this sort of glamour once when the registration on my car lapsed. I wrote a pretty good spell if I say so myself, and kept it in the tray below the ashtray in my car. I remember "anointing" the car with some kind of oil (can't remember what the oil was now), and I think I smudged the car with some kind of incense, too. The goal was to buy myself some time until I could get to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles and pay the fees, three or four weeks I think, and make my car "invisible" to police, that is, that something else around them would get their attention, distract them, or that they might look directly at the expired tags but their mind would be somewhere else, or they'd get a call and go in another direction, etc.

It was astounding how many times it worked...or was it just my perception that it worked, and in reality my car not getting ticketed was merely a coincidence? I'll let you be the judge of that. Perhaps it was a little of both. :wink: I remember I really wanted to share the spell here, but I purposely threw it away because I didn't want to encourage others to do such things, nor be tempted to use it again myself, lol. Sorry. While I found it OK to use in a pinch until I got my finances in order, I did not think it was OK to make it a habit in any way, nor to encourage others with it.

Anyway, here are some invisibility spells from the main website: http://www.everythingunderthemoon.net/s ... spells.htm Give them a go if you'd like, Binglian, and tell us how they worked, or didn't work. There are myriad applications for them. And while I hate to admit it, I do find it kind of amusing when these types of spells actually do work well, haha. Note the powder recipe with the poppy seeds in it. Opiates, a type of narcotic known to make people disoriented, are made from poppies. So while the powder is not to be ingested by anyone, it is the idea of what that plant does energetically in the world which empowers the powder, if that makes any sense.

Cheers.

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Hey Kass was this the thread you were talking about?
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 27173.html

Bb, Firebird
and then for fun here's the stories
http://everythingunderthemoon.net/forum ... 26261.html
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Kassandra

Post by Kassandra »

Yes, I believe your tale in the Funny Ritual Stories thread is the one Binglian and I were both thinking of, where the running late lady couldn't find your coven's site. Would you feel comfortable sharing what the spell/ward actually consisted of, as per Bing's original question in this thread? If not, that's understandable, as it involves your coven's private workings. And if that's the case, is there invisibility work that you would recommend, for more general use? thanks, ff

Haha, I totally believe what happened with the latecomer lady could really happen, based on my "invisible car" experience, lol. One time while my car was under that enchantment, a police car to my right did that "drop back" thing they do when they're running your plate through the database, right before they stop you. He slowed down to about my four o'clock or so, and I thought, OK, I'm busted. Just then, he made a sharp right and turned on his flashing lights to address some urgency (sudden urge to eat a donut?). I couldn't believe it!

Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Woah! Haha...when the doughnut calls :fairy:
― Jim Morrison
― RWEmerson
Vesca