Spirit Communication

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Aesiryth

Spirit Communication

Post by Aesiryth »

I've heard that I shouldn't communicate with the dead because it's dangerous. But I've also heard that it's completely safe, you just have to know your stuff. I am pretty cautious on communicating with the dead and have never tried it, but I was wondering if any of you have experiences or advice on why not to do it or why to do it. I know some view the afterlife differently especially in paganism, but in my beliefs there is an afterlife and it is possible to communicate to this realm. I've heard that this can open up portals, cause havoc, all sorts of crazy stuff. I do in fact believe in spirits, but I'm always cautious about believing someone when they say something or someone is haunted. That's where I get into most trouble, when I go in and "investigate". Nothing bad or too crazy has ever happened. But anyway, like I was saying, if you have any advice on whether it's good or bad or any safe ways you have for communicating please share.

-Aesiryth
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
Naudia Threng
Banned Member

Re: Spirit Communication

Post by Naudia Threng »

Like you said, if you know your stuff its fine. And its always good to have a partner. For instance, me and my friend; he does all the communication and things like that, while i keep watch on the energy flows. I am an energy healer (i love healing people) and a pretty good one. And if things are going south, its good to know the flux of energies. I watch for a blockage in my partners energy or if the spirit is building up energy. Just be careful if you ever try something like that. The first time we tried, i was in tears. Keeping multiple energies balanced can be taxing. Another good thing, is general research. Know as much as you can about the area's history and the spirit itself. Be prepared for anything, and you should be fine. Also, use wards, protection charms, circles of protection, etc. No matter what the spirit is. Dont fully trust any spirit. No matter what. Just be aware though, those who dabble in the after death soon find themselves in the first hand. But thats just my two cents.
O Goddes, all praise to you. Ta em hotep, anekh hrak. Lady Isis, I adore you. Nebet aset, tu a atu.
Seraphin
Location: EUTM's dungeon, keeping a dragon egg in a pot over a fireplace!

Post by Seraphin »

I personally don't agree with people attempting to contact the spirit of the dead when there's no manifestation that the spirit wanted to communicate to the living.

When it's the spirit that tries to talk with the living, then that's our duty to hear the spirit out, because it means the spirit isn't at peace and can't rest until it has relayed what it wants to say or tell.

Whether genuine occult phenomenon or just a hallucinatory event, the danger of spirit possession is real and something to guard against during any sort of spirit communication (séance, spirit of the glass/ouija, automatic writing, etc.) . In my experience, dealing with human spirits is far more psychically, emotionally and mentally draining than dealing with other entities such as elementals and planetary spirits ('cept astral nasties and parasites of course).

Spirit communication is most preferably held in groups. Not only so that there'll be someone present to help in case of possession or other unfortunate event, but also so that the others can serve as sources of psychic energy as well. The misty and onscure nature of the astral and otherworlds tend to blur the messages coming from the spirits, so having somebody else to confirm or interpret the message being relayed would be veryhelpful.

If one must make contact with the spirit alone, then it's very important to do some grounding, centering, shielding and other energetic protection beforehand.
Seraphin

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.
BabyBear

Post by BabyBear »

I would like to add my stressing two of the key point Seraphin brought up just because I personally have had many an accurance with spirits.

First its is and shall always be dangerous when communicating with spirits; aside from possession and just physical harm that can happen, Seraphin brings up a good point about the emotionally and mentally draining this can be. You could even have a spirit try to use you like a battery of sorts by acting like a parasite it will feed off of your moods and energy. It gets so bad that you yourself end up sick drained and overwhelmed. You could end up depressed, illnesses you already have can be heightened, your actions can change in a way your not use to or not even like you. The results are endless.

Second, a group is always always ideal but if your doing this on your own you must practice and protect yourself before hand. Grounding, centering and shielding are major major necessities. Even good spirits can be tempted to be be bad if they find your life force is to tempting to pass up trust me.

As for my experiances hum I have always seen spirits since i was a baby. Now its more of a flash of them here and there and not so much as hearing them like others say they can I can only see them >< unless im dreaming then its like they are 100% real i can touch them and everything. Over the years I have seen my grant grandfather, my grant grandmother, my baby brother my mom miscarried, some wondering spirits here and there usually children and some rather nasty spirits have attacked me in my sleep a few times; I have been told that I am like a light and they are drawn to me by several people and spirits and one one such occasion i was talkin to a child spirit and he keep asking if he could 'crawl into me' because 'I am so warm' this was a time when i forgot to keep my shields up because ive known this spirit to have lived in the house for a while now. That could have gone bad if i hadn't practiced pulling up my shield at a moments notice.

This is why I really do stress you must practice practice practice beforehand heck even with practice you forget like I did.
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

I'm going to chime in here, but my views are probably very different than those stated above. Haha. I just think it's a good idea to see various viewpoints to try and help you find what you feel most comfortable with. (: Like you said, many have different views on the spiritual world and it's important to keep an open mind regardless.

First of all, I'd like to stress that there really is no true answers to these questions or how spirits are, what they do, etc. We can only speculate and go based off personal experiences or try our best to believe in others'. So while we can answer with our opinions on the matter, we can't give you a 100% factual answer to your questions. I say this because the spiritual realm isn't an exact science, like chemistry. You know? There really are so many different opinions on spirits, what spirits are, where they are, how they communicate, what to do to communicate, etc. We don't have any idea one way or another because we're still exploring into this realm on our own. If we had all the answers, there wouldn't be any spiritual debate on whether they're real or not. ;D

As for my own personal beliefs, I don't believe that communication itself is inherently dangerous nor is it a bad thing necessarily. I agree with Seraphin that you don't want to call upon those that don't want to be disturbed. However, if you simply want to try and communicate there is nothing wrong with that in my opinion. My reasoning for this is that there may be someone who DOES want to speak to you and they may not know how to contact you first. You know? You just need to make sure you go about it in a way that isn't going to bring forth spirits/entities that do not wish to speak with you or anyone. However, like BabyBear said, protection is incredibly important if you plan on doing any kind of communication.

There may also be some spirits that simply just don't want to pass on and enjoy hanging out in this world, and they may just be looking for someone to talk to.

Now, the way you go about doing these things is incredibly important because there ARE bad things out there that CAN do harm to you. It's just a matter of ensuring you do not let those things in and if you do, knowing how to handle it.

I did write a whole thread about this, if you'd like to get some more information. Though, it's focused more on spiritual communication: Spirit Communication: A How To.

Like it's been stated, doing this in groups is probably your best bet but it's up to you to do this the way you're most comfortable should you ever choose to attempt it. (: I've been working with this for a long time, as I'm sensitive and have spoken with spirits in the past. The good news is that the bad ones are few and far between. I know quite a few people who work within this kind of "field" and they've never encountered anything negative. You just have to make sure you go about things in a way that is safe and protective!

I'm also a paranormal investigator, so I have opinions and views from that side of things too. If you ever need anymore help, don't be afraid to ask or PM me too. I love helping with this kind of thing! Haha. (:
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!
Aesiryth

Post by Aesiryth »

Thanks guys for the info. I appreciate it. I've always been a little scared to do these kinds of things anyway and most definitely wouldn't do it alone. I probably need to practice on shielding and protection a bit more too.

Thanks again!
-Aesiryth
"At the center of your being you have the answer;
You know who you are and what you want."

-Lao Tzu
Sakura Blossom

Post by Sakura Blossom »

No problem! (: I'm glad you found the help you were looking for!
"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Ode by Arthur O'Shaughnessy

If you need any help with anything, don't hesitate to ask!

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”