Mini-Ostara?

Chat about pagan and Wiccan holidays.
Veronica_Rose

Mini-Ostara?

Post by Veronica_Rose »

Hi guys :)

I've been in my Wiccan/spiritual/witch studies for a few weeks now, and I just realized that Ostara is only a few days away! I'm very excited! I love everything about spring, with all the new life blooming and the warming up from winter and it's my birthday season. <3

I was just wondering if anyone was willing to share any idea on how to have a mini-celebration of Ostara? (I'm still doing research as I type this post.) I'm not really sure how to celebrate it, but I want to. Any sort of advice, or how you do something would be lovely.

Thanks everyone xx
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Brightest Blessings xx Veronica Rose
Thistle

Re: Mini-Ostara?

Post by Thistle »

Ostara was my first sabbat too. :) A friend of mine had wrote me a very simple ritual. That was a few years ago. Spring is also my birthday season! lol I really love this time of year, Ostara might just be my favorite sabbat.

One of the great things about Ostara, is it's so easy. You could do something as simple as spend some time in nature, and give thinks for all the new life that is blooming. If you garden at all, you can do something like that. A picnic is always nice. It's still quite rainy here, but I'm planning on an indoor picnic. I may attempt to start trying to grow something (I'm kinda bad with plants). I'm also going to do the ritual that my friend wrote, as I do it every Ostara because I really like it. I'm sure others can help even more...I'm still in the very beginning of learning myself really.
Veronica_Rose

Post by Veronica_Rose »

Thanks so much, Thistle :) That sounds wonderful! I do love spending time outside now with the clear blue skies and slightly warmer breeze. And a picnic is an equally amazing idea as well.

Haha I'm with you on the plant thing. It sounds lovely to garden! But I haven't had the best of luck with plants before. I think I'll try planting something sometime, though. Wanting to get more in touch with nature and life is important, right?

Best wishes in your studies <3
"We can complain because rose bushes have thorns,
or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Brightest Blessings xx Veronica Rose
cataluna49

Post by cataluna49 »

I do not have a garden, and I only have two small house plants, but I do plan on getting some flowers to decorate the apartment in for the sabbat.
SnowCat
Banned Member

Post by SnowCat »

We're getting some rain here which should soften and thaw the ground. We may be able to give our beautiful Bast an appropriate memorial finally. We've had to keep her physical remains in cold storage due to inclement weather.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet

Return to “Sabbats and Esbats”