Spectral Cat

For conversations and questions about hauntings and spirit visitations. This is not the place to talk about demons. In fact, this whole board isn't the place for it. A Christian site is a better place for that.
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Spectral Cat

Post by Firebird »

As most of you know, my 3 boys died last year, 2 were euthanized (Solo and Skye) and one died at home (Sampson).
I have noticed more of those corner of your eye, kind of experiences. Like what was that?, you look and it's gone. Then there is the double takes...I see a pile of clothes or a bag on the floor a basket, whatever...I'll be zippin thorough the house and notice the item on the floor and for an instant it is one of the cats. Even after I already know it's the bag on the floor (or whatever) I walk by again...and again it catches my eye, I have to look once more and I say to myself oh yeah that's the bag, not the cat. The cat I see most often is Sampson, but Solo has appeared several times and Skye only a couple.
Right after Sampson died I could feel him jump on the bed for many many days after, now less frequently but still every now and then.
While I sit in the fireplace room reading or watching tv, I can hear him jump off of his little ottoman bed sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, and that goes on almost every day.
Back in Feb. I had the flu and was out of it for days, when I started to feel better and was sitting upright on the couch, behind me were cat foot depressions so pronounced they moved the cushions near my rear. I was so certain it was the remaining girl cat, Pumpkin, I turned around to pet her but she was not there. I went looking for Pumpkin and she was in the front of the house on the couch in the living room all passed out like she hadn't moved in hours.
Now lately, I feel little tickles on my cheek and arms like whiskers...a Sampson trait. He would get in your face if you were sleeping and tickle you with his whiskers 'til you yelled at him to knock it off.
At Imbolc we had overnight guests, the Priest of the group and his relatively new girlfriend. Later in the day we were all talking, the girlfriend said while she was lounging in the backyard, she sensed a cat, and that it kept getting in her face, like it wanted her to open her eyes to get a face full of cat. When she told me that accounting I about fell out of my chair...How would she know he did that all the time??
I'm not terrible freaked out by all this but I wonder if there is a way to entice this experience further. Though I don't know if this is such a good idea either, I miss those boys so much, the thought has occurred to me that this is happening because I DO miss them so much.

This doesn't really pertain but thought I would add...
The girl cat has made a 180 in attitude since their passing, and follows us everywhere now...she has become MUCH nicer, and that's an understatement. I sometimes catch her looking at the place where the boys are buried, she seems much more comfortable since they are gone, she never wanted anything to do with any of them.

Blessings, Firebird
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
SnowCat
Banned Member

Re: Spectral Cat

Post by SnowCat »

She knew because he was right there. You're not imagining things. Rory comes and plays with Jasper quite often. Jasper will sit on top of the entertainment center chattering away to a cat that doesn't seem to be there. Their lives don't end with the physical. Your boys are still with you.

Snow
Daughter of Sekhmet
Firebird
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Firebird »

Thanks Snow, sometimes when i feel the whiskers, I will reach over and pet the air, and say ...good kitty.

We have a sweet little cat cemetery that I would be very sad to leave should I have to move, I've already considered digging them up to bring them to the new house, ...I think I'm really loosing it, there are no plans to move currently.

FF
“There are things known and things unknown and in between are the Doors.”
― Jim Morrison
“All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.”
― RWEmerson
:mrgreen:
Thistle

Post by Thistle »

Aww I'm sorry about your kitties! It definitely seems like they are making themselves known. :)
katinthemoon

Post by katinthemoon »

I'm so sorry about your boys! As someone who has grown up around cats and has had several of them pass, I can confidently say that those are most likely your kitties! I'll wake up in the middle of the night to hear my cats meowing at something that isn't there, or to have what I call "phantom paws" walking across my legs at 3am.
I'm glad that your cats are telling you that they're still with you and that they miss you too. :)

Return to “Spirits, Ghosts, Paranormal Events”